• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire stuck on boot screen

Hey guys, so it seems after only a fortnight or so from getting my new Desire (unlocked and unrooted) I've already run into a problem I can't seem to fix.

I was running a game (I believe it was Asphalt HD) while on the charger when my screen went completely black and I found myself at the boot screen. It finished booting but then got stuck on a frozen "loading" screen. I restarted it and it worked fine, I assumed it was the app and tried another one. About ten minutes in I got another black screen and the phone started booting again. Only this time it would do the animated logo, then crash and try to reboot again, over and over until I pulled the battery.

Only now it wont boot at all, it will simpy sit on the initial HTC boot screen indefinitely. It won't turn off the screen or anything, just sit there in a frozen state. So far I've tried removing the SD and even SIM cards, leaving it off to charge the battery, doing a factory reset from the boot screen, etc. But every single time, wether I turn it on normally or use the bootloader, all I get is the single "switched on" vibration and the HTC screen, and it just freezes there.

Can anybody suggest anything? I already spent quite a while wating for this phone to arrive, I REALLY don't want to send it back to the store because it was bought through an importer and I'm worried it will take a very long time for any repairs/replacements. I will if I'm forced to but I would much rather find more methods I could try.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones