1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

HTC desire stuck on boot screenSupport

1. Mumtosadie

Mumtosadie New Member

I am pretty much a dunce when it comes to all this android tech jargon, so if you can help please simplify things for me.

Yesterday my battery died whilst in a phone call, I plugged the charger into my phone, waited a few minutes then tried turning it on. It did the usualy short vibrate as it always does when first coming on, but then shortly after it did 7 short vibrations and wouldn't get any further than the boot screen.

I have tried leaving the battery out for an hour to see if it's a issue with over heating, have gone into hboot and tried to recover it from there and treid a hard reset. Still the same.

It was my Dad's old contract phone as he upgraded his he gave me the HTC, it was on o2 but I have had it unlocked to accept any network. I didn't set it up to work with my computer and it wont detect it via the usb lead.

Any help would be great as it's an awesome little phone and I can't upgrade my contract until august, I refuse to go back to the awful Samsung Galaxy mini for another 6 months!! I need my apps!!:(

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Hi Mumtosadie, and welcome to AF,

I hope you had your apps and data backed-up, because the hard reset will have wiped them off the phone :(

Unfortunately I don't hold out much hope for this one. "7 vibrations when booting" is a very bad sign, and I can't remember anyone really fixing it without a hardware repair (new mainboard).

Some people have been able to get phones booting after this by cooling them down radically: put it in a plastic bag, squeeze the air out, seal it and stick it in the freezer for 20 minutes. Then see whether it will boot after that (the rigmarole with the plastic bag is to protect the phone against condensation). But even if it does, don't be surprised if it doesn't work for long. It's the only thing I can think of though.

Sorry
  3. Mumtosadie

Mumtosadie New Member

Awh no, really?
    Thats such a shame!
    Id saved all my pics, music and apps to sd card so theyre safe thankfully. Guess its awful sansung galaxy mini for me then ):
  4. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Well you can try the chilling thing - if it does provide a long-term fix do let us know! But I'm afraid that precedent is not encouraging.