HTC Desire..synchronising and stuff?

Last Updated:

1. Ashtiany

Ashtiany Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, new here and around 8 days into my shiny HTC Desire.

Despite the battery life being absolute pants, i seem to be having problems configuring synchronization of things like Facebook, news, e-mails and the weather.

The reason for this is because I absolutely do not understand the 2 settings it gives me under Accounts & Sync.

The first one is Background data box. By what it says, i'm guessing it pretty much means its not going to listen to the update schedules and update whenever it wants.

The second one is the Auto-sync check box. Checking this clearly means that it'll update according to the schedules you've set up.

Assuming that i'm correct with both of them, it will not let me check the Auto-sync box unless I check the background data box. Whats going on here?

Also, keeping mobile internet on when i'm not using it for anything besides the updates, does it drain battery?

Any help is appreciated in advance, thanks :)

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

the background data box, means it can operate in the background without you having to do anything.

so you need that checked before it can auto-sync at pre defined intervals.

internet data will drain the battery a bit as its used for weather, market, gmail, email etc etc. use the widget to turn it off when not in use.