HTC Desire - Syncing Gmail with PhoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. dturnbull79

dturnbull79 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I got my HTC Desire recently and love the phone. Have got pretty much everything going and have now switched my personal email from Yahoo to Googlemail.

I moved my contacts from yahoo into gmail, all fine. I have also previously got my phone contacts to sync from the phone into gmail.

Having got both lots of contacts into gmail i have sorted and merged them on my PC so they are all correct. However, i cannot get the contacts now to sync back from gmail to my phone?

When i go to account settings for google and ask it to sync it syncs the calendar and the googlemail but not the contacts despite the refresh symbol appearing next to the contacts option.

Basically, how do i get my phone to suck the contacts back out of google and on to the phone itself.

I am using google contacts in the phone menu, not SIM or phone so it is nothing to do with that.

Help!

Dave

Advertisement
  2. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have done it all right. Try turning phone off and on again and then trying. Sometimes gives it a kick up the ass.

While you do that will have a deeper look in my settings as maybe something else.

dturnbull79 likes this.
  3. dturnbull79

dturnbull79 New Member This Topic's Starter

Oh dear, quite embarrassed to say that worked and it has synced properly upon switching my phone back on, if that is all i have to do to get it to update i can cope with that, sorry for wasting people's time! Thanks Jay_Kay, if only i had some common sense!

4. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

seriously don't worry. its often the simple things that I forget to try. Plus it all becomes second nature after a while.

You should not need to do it again now its sorted. Had its kick up the ass so shouldn't need another :D

Glad its sorted bud.