HTC Desire update Not working

Last Updated:

1. thedutchrockstar

thedutchrockstar Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,
    As evry1 probly knows a new update from HTC came out for the Desire, but mine aint updating, I can download the update, but when it comes to installing it turns itself off, it then shows the green update icon, but then suddenly goes to a device with a red question mark above it!
    Is it because my device is rooted or may other problems be occuring?
    Any help would help!
    Billions of thx

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Is it just rooted, or do you have a custom ROM on there too? If its the latter, this is probably the cause. If not, not sure.

3. tanbe174

tanbe174 Well-Known Member

2.2 is out ? I didn't got the notice from my phone .......

4. Dudditz

Dudditz Well-Known Member

Doubt it will be 2.2.

Checked updates, none available for me. Carrier specific?

5. tanbe174

tanbe174 Well-Known Member

I also checked and it keeps saying no updates. But I know that 2.2 for the N1 is out. As you can see on this site Android 2.2 ‘Froyo’ Is Finally Here | GadgetReview. Might take a few days before it reaches the other phones. But I bought my desire simfree and I don't think mine's will be bound to any carrier's update

6. Dudditz

Dudditz Well-Known Member

Be surprised if we get Froyo within a few day really....

7. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

The OTA update was pulled due to issues. 2.2 isnt released yet.

If it shows no updates, then you have the latest.

8. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

I know some people received a 27mb update for something - possibly a few tweaks for the YouTube side of things?

Another poster provided before and after pictures of when he installed it. I don't think I have been prompted to download this yet as I am running the software in his before picture, rather than the after one.

9. thedutchrockstar

thedutchrockstar Member This Topic's Starter

Yeh I am talking about the 27mb update... thats not working and no custom ROM
    and for all clarity... its not Froyo... sorry
    PS still not working

10. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

Check out the sticky about 2.2 at the top of this section. The post I was referring to is in the last few posts.

Hope it works soon!

11. lspec

lspec Active Member

I had a WIFI problem with this new update as well as some other stuff...emailed HTC and within an hour got this reply. Worked for me so hope this helps

Dear Neil, Thanks for your email, it seems this happens on a very rare few phones, and the fix seems to be to perform a 'Hard Reset' once or even twice. So, I would be grateful if you would go through the procedure below and see is this works. Turn the power off. Hold the Volume Down button Press and release the Power button You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button Press and release the Power button Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC Desire. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state. Many thanks Jason. HTC