htc desire update to 2.2 on orange good news

Last Updated:

1. seesor

seesor Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. tbs-battousai

tbs-battousai New Member

wonder how long before it's avalible to everyone, been checking all morning but no sign of it for me... :'(
    anyone know if it's a location based rollout or what?

3. ChrisRS

ChrisRS Member

I've been checking since last night and it's still not available for me, would love to know the criteria for deciding who get's it first

4. mylinuxbox

mylinuxbox Well-Known Member

I know this rollout is for the desire, but will the hero also get this?

5. tbs-battousai

tbs-battousai New Member

found the following on the orange site....

Software update for the HTC desire (Android 2.2) | help & support | Orange UK

How to get it

If you are running software version number 1.22.61.1 then you already can update your device to Android 2.2 (2.17.61.2).

Your phone should automatically search for software updates, but if it hasn***8217;t, you can manually download this update as follows: From homescreen ***8211; Menu Key > Settings > About phone > System software updates > Check now. The update might not appear straight away due to the amount of traffic on HTC***8217;s servers.

If you are running software version number 1.15.61.10 then HTC has recently advised us you will first need to update your devices to 1.22.61.1.

HTC will be making the 1.22.61.1 update available early next week. Once you have updated to 1.22.61.1, you can then update to 2.17.61.2 via the method described above.To check to see which software version your device is running. From homescreen ***8211; Menu Key > Settings > Software information. The number you require is listed as the fifth entry and is labelled ***8220;Software number***8221;.

We highly recommend you update your software over a WiFi connection.