HTC Desire v Sony xperia 10

Last Updated:

1. vx41uk

vx41uk Member This Topic's Starter

No contest htc blows sony ouuta the water sony x10 bland,slow,annoying the htc desire IS the smartphone so if ya thinkin of gettin one just do it wicked handset :D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. Kendoji

Kendoji Well-Known Member

You'll get a more interesting response if you post this on a Sony forum.

3. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

To be fair the X10 has a much better design and the screen is bigger and the camera is better, It looks like it will be getting 2.2 which then means it will get 16 million colour screen, live wallpapers, latest apps, the photo light will be a flash.

But i am still gonna buy a Desire over the X10 because i am upgrading from a G1 and i want 2.1 now lol plus i have wanted a AMOLED screen since i first heard about them.

4. photon00

photon00 Well-Known Member

I was interested in this phone last summer when the phone was leaked. Now it just doesn't cut it. It will be interesting to see what it is like with 2.1 or more. But I bet that won't happen for a while.

5. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

Xperia X10 is a nice phone, and at one point I was seriously considering buying it before the Desire, but I really do feel as if i have made the right choice with the HTC Desire.

6. Markiz

Markiz Well-Known Member

X10 does not, nor it will support DT, so it will be limited with the new games and apps. Plus the camera has no real flash, just photo light, which is idiotic. And it's painfuly BLUE. So yeah, zaphonic, you made the right choice.

7. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

hardly a balanced and informative review is it now?! What are the pro's and con's of each? Why does the desire suit you more than the Sony?

8. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

The photo light is limited to being a light and not a flash because of Android 1.6 so after the update it will be a flash.

DT? you mean Multitouch? to be honest this is one of the most over-hyped features on mobile phones, Its no quicker than Double Tap to Zoom. As for speeding texting up well to be honest i can type pretty dam quick without Multitouch.

After the X10 gets the 2.1 or possibly 2.2 update then there will be not much difference between them and it will come down to a few things:

Basically if you want the phone with the biggest screen and the best camera and can wait for the latest version of android get the X10.

If you want the phone for the nicest screen and brightest and want multitouch and the latest version of android now then get the Desire.

I am actually getting the chance to try out the Sony X10 to see if i wanna keep it rather than waiting for Orange to get more stock of the Desire so i will have a play and see how it goes.

Although even though i prefer the design of the X10 i don't think i can wait for 2.1 as having a G1 i have been stuck with 1.6 for long enough lol and i think i will prefer amoled over a bigger tft.

9. flc1962

flc1962 New Member

New here with a new Desire, a friend has the X10 and is limited to what he can do, 2.1 is soooo much better than 1.6 and as said it could be a while for 2.1 to hit the X10 then its down to the mobile operators if they want to roll it out. As for no real flash on The X10 thats down to cost and customer feedback.

10. bigbob10

bigbob10 Well-Known Member

i have been following x10 since nov. had a chance to play with it. screen is very dull compared to the HD2 that i'm using at the mo (just borrowing it) the 1.6 put me off along with sonys rep of s/w issues. and no MT was the final blow. as above, the UI is very BLUE!! apart from that it does look nice - in white especially. i know some of the above issues will get rectified - but come on peeps, its a

11. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

I have just purchased the latest edition of 'Mobile Choice' magazine which has given a full review on both the HTC Desire and Sony Xperia X10.

Mobile Choice give the Xperia X10 4/5 stars.

Look and feel - 3/5 stars
    Ease of use - 4/5 stars
    Features - 5/5 stars
    Performance 3/5 stars
    Battery life - 4/5 stars

Mobile Choice give the HTC Desire 5/5 stars

Look and feel - 5/5 stars
    Ease of use - 5/5 stars
    Features - 5/5 stars
    Performance - 5/5 stars
    Battery life - 3/5 stars

12. StuN

StuN Member

The Xperia wont be getting 2.1 until Q4. That's a good enough reason not to go for it

13. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

I hate that blue UI! That is all.