HTC Desire Voice CallingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Nickcarr

Nickcarr New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All, So I've just received android 2.2 on the desire and like many wanted to use the new voice dialing!!! The only widget I can find is "voice search" but this seems to not be dialing specific and may choose to search the web for you etc. My question: Is there a dialing specific voice command widget, if not how do I do it properly?:confused:

I have a parrot bluetooth kit which usually prompts a phone to ask for a voice command. The desire although linked, doesn't seem to respond.

Any advice is welcome.

Cheers!
    Nick

Advertisement
  2. quibble

quibble Member

Voice dialing (assuming your contacts are google contacts) works through voice search. Just say "Call [name]" or "Dial [name]" and it should work.

Voice dialing through the bluetooth headset is another thing, though.

3. Nickcarr

Nickcarr New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Quibble, I see now that the HTC Desire doesn't sync the contacts properly and as such the search for a name only looks at google contacts. I'm trying to find how to copy my contacts to another destination and then import them back within google mail? As my contact list mostly came from my last non googlemail linked phone, the Desire doesn't find them. Any ideas.
    Nick

4. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

There's an app called 'export contacts' or something like that. It saves them in .csv format, which can then be imported in to your google contacts.

Nickcarr likes this.
  5. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

you can export directly from the people app. just press menu --> import/export --> Export to SD card. You should then be able to delete all your contacts and reimport

Nickcarr likes this.
  6. jr4u

jr4u New Member

Hi, I had similar problem with synchronization of HTC Desire Contacts with Parrot MiniKit Slim.
    All my problems were solved after the installation of "Bluetooth File Transfer" utility from Google Market

7. genedata2

genedata2 Member

My voice search that came by default with 2.2 couldn't do the voice dialling (like OP said, it searched "call xx" instead of calling the person). Had to download the latest version from the Market and it installed over the default one.

8. Panama

Panama Active Member

I have the latest version according to the market app, but it still won't call someone so I have installed vlingo which seems to work very well.

9. dukebarbone

dukebarbone New Member

Changing your voice input language to English US should work