Htc desire vs iphone

Last Updated:

1. rewboy61

rewboy61 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All

Just a quick question for any of you guys out there, who may have had an iphone and now gone over to the HTC Desire, I'm at present waiting for my new Desire to arrive and was wondering if anyone could let me know their thoughts on which phone is the better one out of the two?

Cheers Guys :)

Advertisement
  2. michel.brown

michel.brown New Member

Htcs are just a pain to get used to. everything is everywhere and nothing seems logical. I find it very easy to navigate my way round an iphone however. I really like the size of everything on it too. Very easy on the eyes.

3. Bnice

Bnice Guest

You have no clue what your talking about,you can customize the phone to your needs how is that a pain,now if a toddler phone (iphone)works for you by pushing little square then be happy and enjoy .

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Really? Or are you perhaps simply picking random forums to post in to publicise the links in your sig? :rolleyes:

5. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

So... since "everything is everywhere", it should be easy as hell to get used to, since "everything" you want to do will be "everywhere" you go on the phone. :rolleyes:

6. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Umm... screw it. :rolleyes:

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

7. tazziedevil

tazziedevil Well-Known Member

Someone trying to increase their SEO ranking?

8. fabler

fabler Well-Known Member

LOL.. right..

9. byteware

byteware Well-Known Member

HTC Sense is the better interface, when you consider Android, and iPhone (IMHO). However, that is a choice matter.

Also, if you don't like Sense, you don't have to use it. You can use one of the replacements from the market.

So, even if you don't like the Desire's interface, you can replace it with one you like better.

As far as OS's go, Android wins hands down.

As far as phone specs, as I understand it (I haven't done the comparison personally) the Desire's specs outclass the iPhone 4G's.

10. fabler

fabler Well-Known Member

True.. and agreed.

11. mattbeef

mattbeef Member

Having gone from an iPhone to a Desire myself this is honestly what i think.

1) The interface by default is different. Now i know that this an obvious point but it takes some getting used to as everything on the iPhone is there by sliding across the home screens.

2) If you are a Mac user like me then you will miss iTunes, purely because it makes you lazy and the HTC sync is windows only. I sync my contacts with my GMail account and have set a "Desire" play list in iTunes so just drag and drop that onto the SD card for media

3) If you dont like it get a different app! This is where i love the desire, the standard mail app wasnt really doing it for me so installed K9 Mail and it has everything that i always wanted on my iPhone

4) The look that you get when you show mates that have no idea what your phone is. Maybe its because im a geek but i like that.

Regardless of weather or not your a fanboy of either its a case of orange against banana. Both make phone calls, get emails and a few other bits inbetween so just enjoy it

12. Niir

Niir Well-Known Member

i have to agree with matt, i like that fact people look at ur phone and go wow what the hell is that?!

and the flexability and customisation is just the best on the desire.

the iphone may be fairly idiot proof layout wise however u can make the desire as simple or complex as u want and u have the space to do it pretty much anyway u want.

I just find iphones a little bland now, u see some1 with a different android phone and they will probably have a different layout, different apps so its fun to play with some1 elses phone and improve urs =D

13. fabler

fabler Well-Known Member

After reading your post. It looks like you're used to with iphone. And that's why desire making little trouble for you. I've N1 and I don't have any problem with it. I am getting 5 home screen which is very customizable.

14. haris9

haris9 Well-Known Member

15. Jhon hurry

Jhon hurry Member

iPhone! i am waiting to see if the new one comes out as well.

16. techdaring

techdaring Well-Known Member

I am fan of Apple and already have iPhone 3G, just waiting for my order. Some people think we should compare iPhone 4 with Droid X.

17. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

You can compare it to anything...

We don't have the Droids here in the UK though :(