HTC Desire wifi hotspot and ipadSupport

Last Updated:

1. gkh77

gkh77 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys

Wondered if anyone would be so kind as to advise.....I've just purchased a 32gig Ipad Wifi Only and wondered if it would be possible to link this to a HTC desire (running Froyo) when I'm on the move? I understood that you could make the desire a wifi hotspot and connect it to laptop etc so just wondered if this would also work with Ipad

Has anyone managed to do this?

Thanks for any help or advise you may be able to provide!!!

Advertisement
  2. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I've connected iPods and iPads to my Desire's wifi hotspot feature and it works nicely :)

3. ivanzorkic

ivanzorkic Well-Known Member

It works increadibly simple. I have my Desire as a wifi hotspot in my bag and I use my 4th gen iPod touch on it. You just set up the password on your desire, your iPad/iPod will remember it after you enter it for the first time, and then it just comes down to pressing the hotspot widget on your Desire.

4. gkh77

gkh77 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks very much! I'll give it a go when I get my new desire next week!

5. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that it is a bit of a battery drain...

6. Feroz

Feroz New Member

Dear Friends

Can you guide me how to achieve the wifi feature in Htc desire step by step . I wonder weather all the writing on turning the Htc desire a wifi hot spot is only applicable for European user or any where this feature can be used.Like you I also like to use my Ipad with Htc as wifi hotspot.

7. ozisnowman

ozisnowman New Member

In the HTC settings screen make sure you are connected to your mobile network
    Go to Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings set a personalized name for your HTC which is going to act as your wifi router.
    Change your password but remember it you will need to enter it on you iPad.
    Ensure the security is the same on the phone as on the iPad.
    If you connect to your home router on either it will whatever you use on your home router eg WPA2
    Click press to turn on at the top
    HTC is now acting as Wi-Fi router
    On iPad click settings icon, then Wi-Fi, your HTC phone should appear on the list.
    When clicked it will ask you for your password for HTC router (hotspot)
    If security setting on iPad is same as phone you should be good to go.

Only your phones Internet connection needs to be turned on and the personal hotspot no need for Bluetooth etc

Hope that helps. Worked in seconds for me once I stopped stuffing around by trying to pair the iPad to the HTC via personal hotspot and bluetooth as I used to with my old iPhone