htc desire wiyh nokia 616 car kit

Last Updated:

1. clarky5797

clarky5797 New Member This Topic's Starter

can anyone give me info if i can use a htc desire phone in conjunction with a nokia 616 car kit i want to by the phone but need to no as i already have the car kit in my veichle

Advertisement
  2. MikeKnight

MikeKnight New Member

Short answer : NO

Without rsim/rsap you won't get any of the address book features to work also this kit is 2G only so none of the good stuff either. You can get call via the bluetooth only option but the caller will get an echo on their end. Very annoying and very disappointing :(

There was a hint that rSap might be included in V2.2 since it was the 2nd item on that wish list, unfortunatally no, I have updated today and still no joy. If someone could write an app to make this work they would corner the market and make a killing easily charging

3. nokia616guy

nokia616guy New Member

Hi Mike
    I read your comments the about HTC desire Z not connecting to the nokia 616 you are bang on! i have a 616 in each of my two cars and im hacked off with the echo and i cant download my numbers, if you find out an app to fix this please get in touch its disgracefull that a popular phone has no remote sim function my wife asumed it would work before i could check so we are stuck with the desire z its a great phone but we need to use them in the car anyway please let me know if you hear anything.