HTC Desire won't power on after what I think was Andriod RebootSupport

Last Updated:

1. chog24

chog24 New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 29, 2010
    Android Version: Don't know, sorry. If anyone knows which version T-Mobile are currenty shipping with, can you help?

Network: T-Mobile, UK

Taskiller Used: No idea... what's a Taskiller?

Issue: I've just got a T-Mobile branded HTC desire. It had been working ok for the few hours I was playing with it and after I'd copied all my contacts from my old phone to the SIM, in preparation to moving them to the Desire, I switched off the desire, switched the SIM and powered up. I'm not sure what button a pressed, but somehow I switched if off, then as I was switching it back on I think I was accidentally holding the volume button on the left of the phone and it seemed to start into some sort of Andriod screen. I wasn't sure what to do and how to get out of that screen back to the T-Mobile OS, so I think I ended up trying to perform an Andriod reboot (since I figured a reboot shouldn't do too much harm.)

The problem is that it didn't seem to reboot the phone and now the phone won't switch on at all.

I've tried:

• holding down the power key
    • holding down the power key while pressing the other buttons
    • taking out the battery, leaving it out for a while, with the phone unplugged from the charger

Nothing has worked.

Can anyone suggest how I can switch the device back on, please? Thanks in advance.

2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Oct 29, 2009
    You entered the hboot screen, you must have turned on the phone while pressing the vol down button.

Try doing this again and see if it boots.