HTC Desire Z and FirefoxGeneral

1. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Ok...so I download the Firefox for Mobile application from the Market on my Desire Z (rooted with Shokouhi Gingerbread Sense ROM).

Any time I try to visit a web page, the browser crashes and sends out an error report.

I tried to ask user of the ROM on the XDA thread if they were having the same problem, but clearly they don't take notice of me and my apparently minor issues.

So I thought I'd ask here. Is anyone having issues using Firefox Mobile ?

If you're not, then I can put it down to the fact that the ROM is breaking it. Unless somebody tells me it works fine for them and they're using the same ROM as me. That'll just throw my theory out the window.

Thanks,

Your long lost forum dweller,

Roz

Advertisement
    :
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Roz,

FF works fine with CM7 (Nightly#42).
  3. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

As I expected, it's most likely the ROM.

Thanks Slug.
  4. Slug

It's still okay with #54 - the nightly builds are coming thick and fast so I haven't had time (yet) to restore my Virtuous ROM and check that FF works with it too.
  5. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Hmmm...

Well if you do get a chance and you do switch over to Virtuous...let me know...
  6. Slug

I restored Virtuous v1.0.1 and updated it to the latest v1.0.2 this morning, and FF works perfectly on the ROM. It's still Froyo (2.2.1) with Sense 2.0.
  7. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Yep...definitely the ROM then.

Time to go collar some XDA folk. :p

Thanks man.