• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc desire z gallery? help?

jinaiko

Lurker
Dec 26, 2010
london
Hi to all. Well am very new here and need some help =]

I just got HTC Desire Z about 2 days ago and well am not a pro so I thought id ask for help here lol.

I was wondering how i could change the gallery? I want something more simple for gallery since I have a lot of images and tend to have them in folders (and sometimes there are more folders within lol). When i put images, it doesnt show the folders and just puts them all together.
I had a nokia 5310 before and when i put folders/images it showed exactly how i put em on. I would like to have something like dat. Is there anything I can do? =] I would really appreciate some advice/opinion =]

also - am not very good at these things so please explain in detail if possible =]

Thanks a lot

Jinnie x

Hi Jinnie, and welcome!

If you hook your Z up to a PC with the USB cable and tell it to "mount as disk drive", you can create a folder on your SD card to hold images. Any folders nested inside this should show up in Gallery too; in Albums view the lower set of locations should correspond to actual folders.

As an example, I've got an /images folder with another inside it /images/wallpaper. In albums all the pictures are lumped together in All photos, but beneath that the two folders are listed separately and can be accessed.

Hope this helps. If not ask away and I'll try to be more helpful next time. ;)

Upvote 0
Heya Thank you soo much for taking your time and helping me =] I really appreciate it =] I tried what you mentioned but i also noticed that instead of viewing the Main folders i have created on the SD card it views the sub folders >.< (i have crazy amount of images, and sometimes i carry my photography stuff on it too >.<) Since there is quiet a lot of sub folders its really difficult for me to go through them all, thats why i wanted to see the main folder I made =( Do you know why it doesnt view the main folder I made but shows the sub folders?

I hope am making some sense lol

x

Upvote 0
Do you know why it doesnt view the main folder I made but shows the sub folders?

I don't; provided a folder contains images it should show. :thinking:

To check I deleted my own existing folder from the SD card and rebooted the handset. When I reopened Gallery only "Camera shots" (which are stored in /sdcard//DCIM as per the standard for digital cameras) and "All photos" (the catch-all) were displayed in the upper "Image Type" section. The only folder in the lower section was "Icons" which is a folder belonging to an app.

I then created an "Images" folder at the root of the SD card, and added a couple of folders inside this. You can see the result (just) near the foot of the screenshot below.
medium.jpg

When I disconnected the phone from the PC and reopened Gallery, it displayed this:
medium.jpg

As you can see the new folders are shown, along with a thumbnail of their contents, in the lower part.

One other thing.... you mentioned you have "a crazy amount" of images. It could be that the thumbnails are taking a long time to be created, so have another look and see if any more have appeared in Gallery.

Reactions: jinaiko
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones