HTC Desire Z wifi problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. kd7cb

kd7cb New Member This Topic's Starter

the solution has probably been posted, but i haven't seen my exact problem

i recently bought a HTC Desire Z and when i broguht it home, i hooked it up to my wireless n router with MAC filtering and I believe WPA security. it was working fine until around sunday. it said i was connected to my network but i was not recieving or sending any data.

any solutions?

obviously i didn't change any settings around on my router, so it might be the phone..?

Advertisement
  2. RhysD

RhysD Active Member

did you happen to flash a 1.8ghz kernel zip??? i heard that they change the MAC address.

3. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

1. Tap the network connection in use (Settings/Wireless & networks/Wi-Fi settings) and confirm that the IP assigned matches your network IP range.

2. In About phone/Hardware information, check that the MAC address for the handset is entered in the ACL list in your router.

4. kd7cb

kd7cb New Member This Topic's Starter

I contacted the HTC customer support and they first told me to delete and disable any 3rd party apps which didnt do anything. They also told me to do a hard reset which actually worked butit is doing the same thing. I read online that cordless phones can effect the wifi network so i changed the channell and it appers to be working for now.

5. chewrokee

chewrokee New Member

İngilizcem k