HTC Desire

Last Updated:

1. Gundersen

Gundersen Member

Advertisement
  2. wankingweiner

wankingweiner Well-Known Member

Hands on: HTC Desire review | News | TechRadar UK

The guys over here say that without the dual microphone, it brings the price down significantly, which is good for me :)

But still no word on the resolution of video capture. I seriously hope its 720p like rumored. But that looks unlikely now :(
  3. cdmta

cdmta Well-Known Member

4. wankingweiner

i know it's a beaut :D

edit: mandatory high resolution pics incoming

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**REMOVED FIRST PIC** Bit big, the others are just as tasty and they fit in the site ;)
  5. Gundersen

Gundersen Member

Nice link cdmta, Sense looks really quick there.
  6. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

damn it, damn it.. that is the phone I wanted to get. It will probably take a while for it to come out.
  7. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

April for the UK, not sure sure about elsewhere

EDIT: Sorry March
  8. brodymon

brodymon Well-Known Member

The Desire is said to be a T-Mobile phone in Europe....and T-Mobile in the US is getting the HD2....What is going on with Verizon....why is there no news on new phones for Verizon in the USA???

I am ticked...all these beautiful phones and Verizon does not seem to get any....for a WHILE
  9. photon00

photon00 Well-Known Member

Here is my speculation. I suspect there is more to come. Off course Verizon will be getting the Nexus One. There are rumours of a HTC incredible heading to Verizon. Hopefully the HTC supersonic is real and that is what is going to eventually make Sprint customers happy.
  10. Ghâshûl

Ghâshûl Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice if it has some sort of notification system, like the glowing trackball on Nexus?
    I've become accostumed to being able to see if anything interesting has happened, without having to turn on the display.
  11. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

Maybe the center "lens" of the optical trackpad is what glows? that's one thing we haven't seen in the vids yet...

while i acknowledge the mechanical limitation of the trackball (it will wear out eventually), I really like the glowing notification it provides... like a glowing org of knowledge :D
  12. Ghâshûl

Haha, yeah that part of it is awesome! I'll be happy as long as it has some type of it. Could be you're right.
  13. Ghâshûl

14. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

Okay i did some googling here in my art appreciation class
    if Vodafone is getting the nexus one in the spring...and they are getting this phone in April
    wouldn't this be considered their version of the Nexus?

It's like my droid eris is basically the european hero & the sprint hero with a different look but overall the same phone

so i'm thinking the nexus one will be the htc incredible for verizon

it's kind of like the sprint/t-mobile/verizon/unlocked touchpro 2...isnt the tilt 2 the same thing?
  15. lukeyboymac

lukeyboymac Well-Known Member

Hmm, that powerpoint mentions 720p recording...:confused:
  16. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

[quote="Gh
  17. Ghâshûl

You are correct, it seems to be not quite up to date.
    From what I understood, it will not have 720p from the get-go, but it will be activated in a software update. And yes, the red innards look awesome :)
  18. mi_canuck

19. wankingweiner

[quote="Gh
  20. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

I don't think you'll miss the dual microphone ANC. I was saying in another post that millions upon millions of cell phones are sold without ANC and no one's really noticed it being missing. It wasn't until the DROID and N1 that ANC grew to be a key feature. But I don't think it's a "make or break" feature. Like I said in the other post, tens of millions of iPhones are sold and those consumers aren't saying, "Oh crap! No dual mics. Better not buy it." Besides, many of us end up picking up BT headsets that already do NC; even if the N1/DROID do NC, they don't do it over BT.

The Desire is a sweet phone. Let's hope it doesn't have the 3G issues the N1 has and being on a carrier, it'll be better supported. But I do agree with the updating. It likely won't be updated as quickly as other Android phones being equipped with Sense. But Sense, like it or not, definitely enhances the UX. With 576MB of RAM and a 1GHz Snap, there won't be the kind of lag that we're used to seeing with Sense phones.
  21. T mobile? ugh, how much are they paying to get these phones :rolleyes:
  22. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Now I'm torn. N1 sexy ness, or availability in the UK which the desire will have.

Hmmm.
  23. mi_canuck

24. Ghâshûl

I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere today. But then, I've spend most of the day trawling for info :)
    Sorry, I can't remember exactly where I saw it.