• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Anyone notice that the Desire specs mention Twitter a lot?

Is there an official Twitter app coming soon???

From here: HTC - Products - HTC Desire - Specification

HTC Widgets
Bookmarks, Calendar, Clock, Footprints, Friend Stream, Mail, Messages, Music, News, People, Photo Album, Photo Frame, Search, Settings, Stocks, Twitter, Weather
Downloadable widgets

Social Networking
Facebook™ integration
Friend Stream
Photo sharing on Facebook, Flickr, and Twitter
Video sharing on YouTube™
HTC Peep for twittering

Upvote 0
Wow, i mean wow.

desire.jpg
desire2.jpg

More pics @ AC @ MWC: Hands-on with the HTC Desire (Update with Video!) | Android Central
Fappppppppppppppppppp Fapp fap fap fap fap.

Upvote 0
I did find a video last night where they took the back off and it wasn't red, that image kinda looks like a render anyway imo.

But the HTC hd mini does have a yellow back under the batt cover in the flesh so maybe the desire will be red when it comes out? Also if you look in the image above there's a red 'accent' around the camera which hasn't appeared on demo units.

Not that it matters of course.

Upvote 0
Which makes me wonder why it's so much more expensive :thinking:

the advertising... you think all those fancy videos are free? ;)

oh, and i'm sure the carriers are taking their huge cut...

the red is just to highlight the inside... there's no way the production one is red - that's probably just a p-shop job anyways... open up a nexus one and you'll understand - all the metal bits like the sd card holder - and the little speaker felt piece - none of that would be red... so it's not "real"....

Nexus_One-unboxing-7_540x412.jpg

nexus_one_battery.jpg

f8bdb1bd577803f338a2db1132d5.JPG

Upvote 0
am I missing something here? specs say 720x480 video capture at 20fps or higher...

Nexus One Phone - Feature overview & Technical specifications

or is that actually turning out to be inaccurate?

Nexus one has the qualcomm chip 8250 which has 720p recording built in. They will probably release software update later. They have their hands full of trying to get the nexus one to stay on 3g instead of rolling out the 720p recording. Us verizon people need the qualcomm 8650 chip in a phone for this.

Attachments

• qualcomm.JPG
    qualcomm.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
did you notice the WXGA (1280x720) support! :)

of course the 8672 would be even better! :D

8672 would make the phone incredible! That one will probably go in the supersonic. I could still see Verizon getting the supersonic. They did use a stealth fighter in tv ad. Why not use a supersonic jet? :) This chip will be out probably in Nov.

Upvote 0
Verizon is smoking a big spliff with feet up on the desk waiting for sales on Eris and Droid to start sloping downward a bit. Just an educated guess. They've got two good well-selling Android phones; why relegate them to the bargain bin when there's more $ to be extracted relative to advertising and placement? Seems like they have never been very concerned about getting new or really high-end stuff on their shelf.

I've been ready to move on an Eris but...I'm just going to wait it out. They still wont' release the 2.1 upgrade for Eris which seems like a no-brainer to keep that device selling well. If we weren't locked into 2 yr contracts (and don't want to front $600) it would be simpler. With Desire/Supersonic/Dragon/Passion/N1 in the rumor zone...I'll wait for something real to hit the shelf. Probably nothing's going to get real until summer given the lack of enthusiasm or action from V.

Upvote 0
Personally I think the BOGO is fairly worthless.
Your wife saves the $80 locked-device cost if she signs up and gets a $100+/month voice and data plan for two years. As well as yours. Big deal.
I don't know how people do it; husband and wife with (usually) their kids on a plan too...you're looking at a monthly cost that's equivalent to a car payment!

Upvote 0
I dont know why you accept 24 months contracts.

They're trying to push them here in the UK, and no one's taking them. 18 months between handsets, or being tied to a network (as our handsets are subsidised quite heavily - we rarely pay for them), is long enough!

Because only one company (TMobile) has a plan for unsubsidized phones. Everyone else you pay the same whether you got a discounted phone or not, so why not take the discount and the contract.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones