1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

HTC devices official FroYo update second half 2010!

1. EddieEC

EddieEC Active Member

Well I "fake" contacted HTC. I claimed to have an HTC desire who has problem with phone memory, which isn't enough for installing apps, I got a reply!
    See below:
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

Cool I follow them on Twitter. ;)
  3. EddieEC

EddieEC Active Member

Well there was a chance I was going to buy the desire, but seeing the late release of FroYo, I'm going to get a Nexus One.
  4. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

technically, second half of 2010 starts next week, so it may not be as long as it sounds
  5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Actually July 1st starts the second half of the calendar year :)
  6. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

LOL now that I think about it your right :)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  7. admile3

admile3 Well-Known Member

Let's hope that HTC lights a fire under their developers so that we can get a quicker update to 2.2 than what it's been taking them to send out previous updates! I love Sense and all, but I do certainly hate having to wait for a longer period of time before I'm able to get ahold of the newest OS version
  8. DJTaurus

DJTaurus Active Member

Wildfire will get 2.2 also?
  9. powell

powell Well-Known Member

Froyo will be the first Android version, that brings changes that really matter (maybe the Bluetooth stack, that was introduced in 2.1 was quite important for some of us, other than that, they were only cosmetic changes all the time).
    I cannot wait, when it is on my phone.
  10. fabler

fabler Well-Known Member

This is great news. :)
  11. schtip8bit

schtip8bit Well-Known Member

mmhmm wanting me some froyo
  12. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

Mmm some frozen yogurt does sound good about now...think I'm going to go get some :D
    Anyways this excites me. I love sense on my nexus, and though I love stock I will always miss sense.
  13. nickporwal

nickporwal Well-Known Member

when HTC legend users will get Froyo? i am worried about the future of Legend. I just bought it thinking HTC will upgrade it. But it seems that HTC is giving more attention to ultra high end phones.
  14. GhotiPhish3

GhotiPhish3 Active Member

Not to sound ignorant or beat a dead horse. But....I'm gonna ask anyway.

Any chance anybody has a hypothesis about the Eris running Froyo? Or should I just sell my leaked v3 on C-List and save up for an Incredible.
  15. azz

azz Well-Known Member

save up and get desire mate, you wont regret it.
  16. Niir

Niir Well-Known Member

hes in the US mate, dont think the desire is available there.
  17. azz

azz Well-Known Member

ahh unlucky mate, well buy one off online or something.. ebay :D rather than getting something lower. up to you though mate
  18. schtip8bit

schtip8bit Well-Known Member

any more word on when these htc devices will b getting some froyo?
  19. adi19956

adi19956 Well-Known Member

I seem to remember hearing/ seeing that the Desire's internet won't work in the US though can't remember where I heard it. Go for that Evo 4G, looks siick. Pity it's not available here in the UK, would've got that over my Legend
  20. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

azz, the HTC Incredible is basically the US HTC Desire............
  21. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

22. adi19956

adi19956 Well-Known Member

no mention of the Legend though :( really annoying that. If they announce they won't update the Legend I might try to part exchange it with a Desire
  23. nickporwal

nickporwal Well-Known Member

please someone give me the good news that legend is also going to get froyo.....
  24. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

25. Cheule

Cheule Well-Known Member

"This version was much awaited by the Desire owners"

What about the poor sods with a Hero? Lol.