HTC Digital clock Lag, anyone else

Last Updated:

1. mjz773

mjz773 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have had the Hero since it came out, and I am actaully liking it more and more. Android is awesome, and HTC Sense is really cool. My only problem is The digital HTC clock (the white one) that looks like the old fashoined clock with weather under it is extremely laggy. For example I will turn my phone on (awake it) unlock the phone and in the upper right of the phone the time will be correct, say 4:55, then the big HTC clock will say 4:37 (usually the time is the last time since the phone was on) after 2-3 seconds it will adjust to the right time, it happens very often and happens whenever the phone goes from minute to minute. (5:15 in upper right, 5:14 on HTC clock) I have read threads about the clock being an hour off but mine is the right time and hours it is just laggy. Also it is not rooted, and when sprint sent the over the air update I downloaded that and it is still laggy and was before that. Is anyone else having this problem? turning it on and off does nothing at all, and I had to do a hard reset about 3 weeks ago and that didnt't help either.

Advertisement
  2. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

I noticed this when I first got the phone. I removed the clock widget for more usable space on the first home screen..

3. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

I didn't have this in the beginning but lately I have noticed it. I did turn off the autoupdating though so maybe that has something to do with it.

How about the other clocks? Has anyone tried those and if so are you experiencing anything different?

TIA...

4. mjz773

mjz773 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried the other digital clock, the smaller black one, and it was accurate and the same as the one in the notification bar, i used it for 2 weeks.
    I really like the big clock because it gives the date, and shows the weather, high and low.