• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC doesn't know GOOGLE

mdeva

Nov 28, 2009
HTC, let me introduce you to Google. Google, let me introduce you to HTC.

OK, NOW start communicating with one another.

When two devices need to sync, they need to have - and save - the same data fields. The HTC Incredible allows multiple notes for each contact, but (I'm just guessing here, because GMAIL doesn't show even a single note) Google does not. For this (or some other reason), as soon Contacts are sync-ed, only the LATEST note is saved - all others are conveniently deleted. This has been an issue for three years, as the same problem existed with the pitiful G1.

A similar problem exists for customized phone-number tags. While GOOG (and the pitiful G1) DO allow customized tags, the Incredible (in an incredible bit of step-backwardness) doesn't. The result is a mish-mash. When VIEWING a "pre-existing" contact with custom tags, the phone numbers are listed with the explicit tags (e.g. "Customer Service"), but when EDITING the contact, the tags are replaced with the ubiquitous "Other".

Just two of the 11 bugs I've found in just two weeks of owning this "upgraded" Droid. Far short (so far) of the G1's 56 bugs.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones