HTC Dream from RogersSupport

Last Updated:

1. aenus

aenus New Member This Topic's Starter

1.) Model Number ? HTC Dream
    2.) Firmware Version ? 1.5
    3.) Baseband Version ? 62.52s.20.18u_3.22.20.17
    4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.27-9af60ed4u70000@android-X01)
    5.) Build Number ? 1.85.631.5 146733 CL#33863 release-keys

That info is verbatim off my phone. Seems odd at points but i really triple checked.

My problem is that i cannot sync my device with Outlook. It starts the sync the first time i install everything, including HTC Sync and the HTC xp driver, but times out about halfway through the process, leaving me with names in the contacts but none of the actual info on the phone. Just empty contact names.

HTC and Rogers are unable to help me. I have used Windoze mob. for the last 5 years and have never had a problem on any of my several home built and store bought computers.

This is a first! So i have this phone i paid a bunch of cash for and its primary purpose (to me at least) being a portable outlook, is effed.

Anyone at all have this trouble? The last tech support guy i spoke with at Rogers admitted to me, probably shouldn't have, that he can't get his phone to sync either and he gave up and went back to iphone.

I made this thread here because try as i might i didn't find a dream specific thread or forum, and for some reason the search function gives me a 40 error.

maybe newbs can't search.

anyways HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!11ELEVENTY

Advertisement
  2. hondaguy

hondaguy Well-Known Member

JUst export your contacts from outlook and import them to Google account and sync ota. That was what I did before I had an exchange account. There is also a Google app that you can download that can sync your outlook with your gmail account. I have it set to sync my outlook calendar to my Google account as a backup. I have it set to only sync one way.

If you go to HTC site there is an update to HTC sync for the hero. Maybe you can try that one

3. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

yep.. same here i just import my msn and rogers mail to my gmail page and it syncs them thier