HTC DREAM Problems!?General

Last Updated:

1. kaylabc

kaylabc New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a htc dream with rogers. I did the magic update, but sold it because i love my keyboard :)

Anyway its been a couple weeks now and my phone is being messed.
    About twice a day this happens...
    cannot send/recieve calls or text, and internet doesnt work
    The service bars show full serivce.
    Once i restart my phone everything is fine.. but still this happens twice a day, sometimes more.

I talked to a rogers rep online and they said i had to factory reset phone, so i just did.
    I wont know right away if it works because it happens at random times of the day...

The person said if it doesnt work they'll have to find a way to replace my phone or something....
    if it doesnt work what will happen?
    Can rogers refuse to fix or replace my phone because i did the magic update? :S

I did buy the extra warrenty for my dream.
    Any answers would be appreicated :)

Also just to add, i sold my magic and am saving up to possibly buy out of contract early or buy a blackberry and switch sim cards and plans ... or something.. im not sure yet. I really would rather have a blackberry, i love this phone but i find it massive to carry around, what do you guys think?

Advertisement
  2. lewekleonek

lewekleonek New Member

I don't want to hijack your thread; just want to add to it.
    I have the same problem, but I moved away from Rogers and unlocked my phone. But even being with Fido did not get me protected from their latest update the forced on users (I'm referring to the 911+GPS fix they have been forcing on everyone who has HTC Android phone by Rogers).
    After that upgrade, I'm experiencing same issues with HTC Dream as you are.
    Seem like the phone is connected to cell network cause I see all 5 bars on the top indicator bar, but the network connection indicator is gone.
    At this point the handset refuses anything that has to do with cell network connectivity, i.e. browsing, e-mail access, but what's worse I can't dial out and no phone calls are coming through.
    The connectivity gets eventually restored. After few minutes of toying with Wireless Network settings, e.g. switching 3G on and off or going into 3G only mode. Another way to get it back is to re-boot the phone.

Did you actually do the "Factory data reset" on your phone? If yes then did it help?
    Does anyone else observe this kind of a problem with HTC Android handsets, HTC Dream in particular?

Some more info about the HTC Dream I'm running:
    Firmware version: 1.5
    Baseband version: 62.59S.20.23U_3.22.26.17
    Kernel version: 2.6.27-d5acf552 u70000@Android-X01 #12
    Build number: 1.89.631.1 146733 CL#94714 release-keys

Network used: Fido (which is a subsidiary of Rogers btw)

3. kaylabc

kaylabc New Member This Topic's Starter

hey yes i did the factory reset and it worked! :)

4. ripx

ripx New Member

Im new to this site and only found it well looking up problems with the HTC dream, and it seems that the problems ive been having are actually quite common. My phone as well wont send or receive phone calls or messages, or connect to the internet. My question how ever is has anyone had problems extending beyond that, i got my first dream a year ago and it had the service error after many updates, and would turn its self on and off randomly. When i went to rogers they told me that its a good phone and i argued for a new phone from another company, sadly i left with another HTC dream. I i have had my new Dream less then 2 months and now the thing wont send or receive calls/texts/ext. it turns on and off by itself, wont let me end calls, must wait for the other person to hang up in any case, it is slow, it randomly turns off and wont accept a charger (i've used different chargers to see if it was a bad adapter) wont turn on, and it completely freezes. ive reset it many times, updated again and again, and i feel like its the worst 600$ i have ever spent. Anybody have any ideas whats going on with this phone?