HTC Droid Eris and Windows 7General

Last Updated:

1. mtr2day

mtr2day New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a HTC Droid Eris and Windows 7 32 Bit Ultimate Version. I am having problems using the HTC Sync software with my device. I have no problem using the HTC Sync software on my Windows XP machine, but I would like to sync it with my Windows 7 Laptop. Thanks in advance for any help you guys may offer.

:eek:

Advertisement
  2. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

windows 7 sucks @$$. just stick to the xp machine.

3. tispectrum

tispectrum Well-Known Member

Do a search. This has been discussed in other threads.

4. joetarin

joetarin Well-Known Member

There are some known driver issues with HTC sync software and Windows 7. Search around to find some workarounds. Some are saying they work, some are saying they dont. Good luck!

Rick311- Cool Post :rolleyes:

5. rick311

sorry, its just that win7 frustrates me to no end! i actually liked vista more. but nothing beats xp.

6. meschke_04

meschke_04 New Member

I was having the same issue with my HTC Eris and my Windows 7 machine. There is a simple fix for this.. first uninstall the HTC Eris sync software on your Windows 7 machine then download and install the "HTC Sync upgrade (V2.0.8) for HTC Magic, Hero & Tattoo" found here. This should work for ya. Cool?

7. agentlotek

agentlotek Member

Dude..you must be smoking a strong crack-rock or something... Windows 7 is Microsoft's best operating system... It is one of the best operating systems ever.... period...Although I still have much love for Ubuntu...I have moved on to W7...

8. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

9. ludist210

ludist210 Well-Known Member

I find that incredibly hard to believei, because Windows 7 is, at its core, Vista, just stripped down and a LOT more user-friendly.

Vista was an awful resource hog that was broken from the minute it came out of the box. It would not allow Norton Antivirus to update, and it bricked itself into not auto-updating with all of Microsoft's updates to Vista. I loathed Vista, and only had it because it was pre-loaded on my laptop. I'm so glad I upgraded to Windows 7.

10. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

If you are still having problems you may want to look into Virtual XP Mode. This will work for pcs running Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate.

11. davros

davros Well-Known Member

i <3 windows 7, xp and leopard, havent had an issue with any of them, but i dont sync anything just transfer files etc.

12. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

+1

Most problems with 7 have to do with compatibility mode not being enabled for software or drivers being installed that were meant for XP or Vista.

13. mattjphoto

mattjphoto Well-Known Member

14. rick311

i hate how winows 7 only lets me arrange files the way THEY want my to. if i have a file named "folder zero" and want that folder directly next to a folder called "remember" i have to rename them, or group them. in xp or vista, i could just click and drag the files next to each other. and they would stay there. cant do that in win7. now multiply that by the thousands of photos already on my computer that are now alphabetized and not in any order where i can find them easily.

15. agentlotek

agentlotek Member

It's called "Start Search" and it can be your best friend...if you let it into your life! :D

16. speele

speele Member

i'm getting a pop-up that reads "error 1606:........................."

i have yet to find an answer but basically it won't even allow me to install htc sync. I've tried 2 different versions of the htc sync software.

anyone have any tips?

17. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

18. rick311

it still wont let me manually arrange my stuff. thats a basic function any computer should have.

19. mtr2day

mtr2day New Member This Topic's Starter

To give an update, and thanks everyone for responding to my post, I guess that Windows XP will be my operating system of choice for syncing my phone. Oh well, nothing in this world is perfect, though we wish it was!