HTC Droid Eris and Xbox 360.General

Last Updated:

1. kenc

kenc Banned This Topic's Starter

Well I was wondering how I could hook my Eris up to my 360.

The iPod all the way back to Gen 1 is compatible with the 360 plug-and-play, but when I mount my android it never shows up on the Music Sources pane. What am I doing wrong wah :(

Advertisement
  2. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Microsoft made it so you can't play iPods on the 360 a while ago (or else it's just mine and my friends' Xboxs). But I would not be surprised if you can't. Try mounting then going to all the possible areas, like memory devices and music and all that and hit the show all devices button.

That's all I can think of, good luck.

3. kenc

No, they definitely didn't make it so you cannot hook up an iPod with the 360.

Thanks for the help anyways, I'll keep trying :).

Edit;
    This link may help you with your iPod on 360 problem :D.

4. predcrazy06

predcrazy06 Active Member

Yes, ipods do work on the 360. One of the updates that Mircosoft placed on the 360 a few updates ago allowed that to happen. I would say the 360 would need the device drivers to work with the Eris or other androids. I'll tweet Major Nelson and see if I get any type of response.

5. kenc

That would be awesome, pred. I haven't looked anywhere to see if the DROID works with it, maybe when we get 2.0/2.1 it will work? Though it probably is just a device driver issue. WHICH while on the subject... I didn't look around, but is there a reason I cannot use HTC sync with W7? I haven't tried it yet on Vista, but I cannot get it to sync on W7 at all.

Thanks again

6. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

Use this link and it will work fine. I emailed HTC and they sent me the link. I know it doesn't say Eris but it works great.

HTC Hero - HTC Sync upgrade for HTC Magic, Hero &Tattoo

kenc likes this.
  7. kenc

8. smacky

smacky Banned

I thought I heard the same too. Last summer I did it all the time, then it just stopped all of a sudden sometime late-2009. Haven't tried since with my Touch, but I find it better to just have your laptop next to you when playing so you can easily play single songs or just have a playlist open. Just my preference. It's how I've been doing it in my apartment for years.

9. kenc

Personally I prefer to just stream stuff via WMP and/or WMC. Sometimes though you just can't do that ya know.
    :)

10. gridbug

gridbug Well-Known Member

Saw this thread and realized I hadn't tried to connect my Eris to my PS3 yet. Just did and it went without a hitch. USB in, mount phone, access to media. I love technology!

:D

11. kenc

Lucky you :p.

I'm getting a PS3 in a few weeks to play BC2 with my buddy. Good thing to know it works A-OK!

12. lovett925

lovett925 Member

Has anyone had anymore luck with connecting this to a 360? Even with a little tweaking I would LOVE to be able to do this. Ugh, gotta love Microsoft and their self proclaimed monopoly on the technology world...:mad:

13. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I would love to try it, but mine is RRoD'd at the moment. I haven't been arsed to send it in yet.