HTC Droid Eris - Deletes My Texts MessagesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jessicaa

jessicaa New Member This Topic's Starter

I am no newcomer to the HTC Droid Eris. Just recently my phone has deleted ALL of my text messages. I do not have a limit on how many texts I can hold in my inbox. But it has deleted all of my texts atleast 5 times in the last 2 weeks. it's very annoying. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to fix it?
    Someone, please help.

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Whoa, this sounds like the other guy in the Motorola Droid forum. He has the exact same problem. Though, the last time I checked, there were no solutions.

And generally people have the opposite problem as you. They end up not being able to delete SMS messages.

jessicaa likes this.
  3. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

This happened to me 3 months ago and it would happen constantly. Probably once every 5 days. I was using the stock messaging app but then found out about Handcent SMS, so I downloaded it and turned off notifications for stock sms (when in messages press menu> settings> notifications unchecked). I have not had that problem since. I do not know if using handcent was just a coincidence, but it is definately worth trying

jessicaa likes this.
  4. qtmomisme

qtmomisme New Member

actually I am using the Handcent program and it was doing the same thing. However I havent had the problem in a few weeks. My phone would freeze, take me to the htc screen and then delete all my texts. even the saved ones. It was very frustrating and I am on my second Eris.

jessicaa likes this.
  5. jessicaa

jessicaa New Member This Topic's Starter

oh my. okay im going to try out the handcent. but thank you! did verizon say anything to you when you explained your problem with your first eris?