HTC Droid Eris KeyboardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Purinna

Purinna New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

This is my first time posting here and I have found lots of useful information on these forums recently but I seem to not be able to find any information on this particular issue:

I am trying to find if there is a way to hook up a usb keyboard to the htc droid eris? I'm guessing it would be a regular usb keyboard that attaches to some kind of adapter or something that plugs into the phones usb port at the bottom. Is there such an adapter or device and if so does anyone know if it will actually work?

The virtual keyboard is ok but a real keyboard would be nice for allot of the work i am doing on this phone. Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

you need a standard to MINI usb adapter. radio shack or a place like that should have them.

not sure, and kinda doubt it will just "work" though

3. natbet

natbet Active Member

You could try a bluetooth keyboard.

4. Purinna

Purinna New Member This Topic's Starter

has anyone actually used a bluetooth keyboard or the adapter and usb keyboard caddyman suggested? Just dont want to go and buy this stuff and it not work ya know...

5. hybridowner

hybridowner Active Member

6. MisterMcGoo

MisterMcGoo Well-Known Member

I only do work on a workstation or laptop and I can barely get by on the 23' flat panel monitor on my desk lol. The moment I'm doing so much work on my smartphone that it necessitates the use of an actual full sized keyboard is the day I quit my job and become a UPS delivery guy (no disrespect intended to UPS drivers, I use to work dispatch and that job SUCKED!) :D

7. ScarcelyAware

ScarcelyAware Well-Known Member

I was reading up on the KeyPro thing (link above) in the Droid forum, and I think it was working for some bluetooth keyboard models.

Being able to use a full keyboard with this phone on-the-go would be amazing. Beats carrying a laptop around. The only problem I'd have would be a keystroke delay (I type 100wpm +).

Has anyone tried the driver in the link above on the Eris?