htc droid eris music skipsSupport

Last Updated:

1. rawrdinosaur18

rawrdinosaur18 New Member This Topic's Starter

anyone having this issue? i'll put on my earphones, turn on the music and lock the screen, put the phone in my pocket and start walking to class. next thing you know the music starts skipping and fast forwarding, so i'll grab out my phone to unlock the screen and see that my music playlist is changing songs by itself. i really have no idea why it does this...it's so annoying.

Advertisement
  2. DigitalMD

DigitalMD Member

I;ve had the Eris for 3 months. Never have any problems with the music.
    Are you using a headphone with a switch? Which media player are you using?
    Are you listening to Pandora or mp3?

3. textstev

textstev Well-Known Member

I had this happen when I had it plugged in my computer playing directly from my phone while also directly downloading stuff onto the phone. The song would skip. When the download finished, it played fine. If it is a big song or a badly formated (iTunes?!), that might cause it as well. Really I have no idea.

4. alexv

alexv Active Member

ive had this same problem.... unfortunately i haven't figured it out yet. i've been half-heartedly looking for a new music player app or something like that. if i come across something i will let you know

5. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

tunewiki FTW!! :)

6. cmccmc

cmccmc Member

I had this happen in the stock music player and Meridian. I suspect one of the MP3's caused them to go haywire. Don't really know though, just a feeling...

7. Timber

Timber New Member

it seems that it puts music controls on the lock screen, which sucks bad. You "lock" the screen and put it in your pocket and the controls activate randomly. Any way to really lock the screen so this doesn't happen?

Tim

8. refthemc

refthemc Well-Known Member

It happened to me, I got irritated, then I just installed the Default Android 2.1 Music app. Haven't had problems since, but now I don't have my lockscreen music controls :( lol

9. dirtmouth

dirtmouth Well-Known Member

I think you are just really ,REALLY happy to be going to school . np

10. Ricogrande

Ricogrande New Member

I had this problem for the first time today and figured out that when i twisted the headphone connector while it was in the phone. Still don't know what the exact cause of it is but it is really annoying.

11. n2imagination

n2imagination Well-Known Member

Hey all... This issue was discussed in a thread a while back. Not really sure where but I remember seeing it after I had the same problem. It has to do with the mini jack. Some mini jacks (supposedly the cheaper ones) are not spaced exactly perfect and thus cause the playback functions to go crazy. To test it out replace the headphones, extension, etc that is going haywire with one you know to work properly then continue the same song. Problem should not repeat itself if this is the case. I have I have had the problem mostly with the m/m extensions and not so much with headphones. I did have one real cheap backup set of coby headphones do it though when I forgot my primary soniks and those where in the glove box.

12. gsnider

gsnider Member

This happens to me all the time with my headphones and my patch cord to my car. The headphones are sennheisers so I would think that they don't use a cheap jack. Just upgraded to 2.1 root today so I'm crossing my fingers that this won't happen anymore.

13. bowerman

bowerman Guest

I've had this issue also.

14. blaqkdiamond

blaqkdiamond New Member

THis actually has nothing to do with the headphones/music controls if I'm having the same problem. MIne does it on loud speaker while sitting on the counter. ANd it does it on stock music player and others I have dl. Not sure as to why. Yet though.:confused:

15. 0wrx2

0wrx2 Well-Known Member

i too have the same problem. i know its not because the lock screen controls are getting hit in my pocket because it will do it sitting on a table. i noticed that when i use a cheap patch cord to run audio to mixer it will skip, fast forward, change songs, but when i plug in my bose headphones i dont ever see the problem.

its definitely a spec/quality issue with some plugs i would guess.

16. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I have it too on Eris and incredible so I assumed it was software but sounds like maybe its the htc earphone Jack. Headphones rarely do it but plugged into pc speaker does it most often. Guess ill try to use an adapter or something in between problem cords. Music player probably won't help this happens to me with stock player and slacker

17. 0wrx2

0wrx2 Well-Known Member

sometimes too, i noticed that around the same time its about to skip the headphone icon will change to headphones with a microphone boom.

18. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Yes yes i forgot about that. Same thing here on both Eris and Dinc

19. Rrrracer

Rrrracer Well-Known Member

Same problem here. I was hoping to be able to use my Eris in place of my old 3G Nano when practicing drums, but it skips with the headphones in after a while.

20. 0wrx2

0wrx2 Well-Known Member

high fives for drummers :cool:

Rrrracer likes this.
  21. x531x

x531x Well-Known Member

Yup ive had that problem but not anymore! Its quite annoying.

22. angrytoes

angrytoes New Member

i just got my eris about 2 weeks ago, i was having this problem trying to listen to pandora at work wearing my earbuds. i just went out and bought a pair of skullcandy ink'd earbuds with a gold plated 3.5mm jack. the microphone symbol went away immediately. i am thinking it has to do with the gold plating on the jack. i havent tried them at work yet but i will be going in about an hour. i will give you all an update when i get home from work. cross your fingers XD

23. angrytoes

angrytoes New Member

I'm updating this after 6 hours of use. works beautifully. For some reason I had to shut off the wifi and the skipping just went away. Gold 3.5mm jack and shut off the WiFi and your good to go

24. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with the "3" cube player. I switched back to Mixzing and it's working fine.

25. JDKirby

JDKirby New Member

I have the same issue with my Droid X Android Version 2.2.1. It doesn't seem to be a headphone connector problem, as I just purchased a new pair of
    Altec Lansing Bluetooth headphones and I have the same problem as I did with the corded headphones. Still trying to figure this one out as sometimes they work great, but others it's terrible skipping, especially when I place it in my pocket while just walking.