• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC droid Eris wallpaper size

Size your wall paper to 640x480 (640 wide x 480 high). For your lock screen the size is 320x480.

I use a free program called paint.net (Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing) for making wallpaper. I start with a high-res image, roughly crop out what I want, then resize the image to 480 for the height and before you commit your changes, you can preview width. If the width is something like 720 then you need to shave off 80 pixels from one side, or 40 from each, you get the picture. If it's less than 640 then undo your previous cropping action and crop the image to be slightly wider.

Attachments

• wallpaper_lorenzo_rossi2.jpg
    wallpaper_lorenzo_rossi2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 174
  • wallpaper_lorezno.jpg
    wallpaper_lorezno.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0
That is so nice collection.Well after finding your this comment there is no need for any book reading search of last few years.I like your idea for distributing the books by years.Thats so nice attempts with links.Please continue this type of activity.Thank you for sharing such a nice comment. ans sources..

Upvote 0
Is there an optimal dpi setting? I'm using wallpapers from sites that are native 640x480 @ 72dpi in Photoshop and look fine on a monitor.

Problem on the phone is that a lot of detail is lost in texture especially in shadows in a photo - such as in a black & white leather texture wallpaper I used that just showed up very splotchy. Is this a limitation of the phone screen of some sort?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones