HTC Droid Market issues

1. droidy

droidy New Member

Can someone help me here? I signed up with a new Google account and apparently it didn't fully register because when I go to the market icon on my HTC I get "password invalid" message screen. I went to google and re-registered a new account but the phone still shows the old username and I can't get rid of it. Needless to say I need to put my new google username with the new password to access the apps. What can I do?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Well if you have only just got your phone, and haven't customised it yet you could do a factory reset? That will basically clear your phone.
  3. droidy

droidy New Member

As a newbie, would that also clear my contacts? Also, how do you do a factory reset?
  4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

It will clear your contacts yes.

Before you do that try:

Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Gmail and clear all data. Do this with all google related apps. It should then hopefully ask you to re-enter your google information.

if not then a factory reset is the other option. To do a factory reset on Droid i think you go to:

Settings > Privacy
  5. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Your contacts should be link with your e-mail account from google. They should come back when you log back in.