HTC E100 Work?

Last Updated:

1. `Shyam

`Shyam New Member This Topic's Starter

Well the standard headphones that came with the HTC are decent, all of the sudden they stopped working the sound is fine but the remote isn't working. The issue is with the casing when I press down on the casing the remote works fine which is annoying.

I done some research and found that the E100 remote has even more buttons and lets you use your on earbuds. Perfect as most other headphone don't have a microphone or track skipping functions.

Now the issue is I have read some reviews which say it works perfectly, while other say it works and stops and the drivers won't install. They are a bit pricey so my question is do they definitely work or not? No use buying them if half the buttons don't work.

Advertisement
  2. Hrochnick

Hrochnick Well-Known Member

Definitely work, no need to install any drivers.

3. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

I perhaps have a solution. Do you have more than one media player? If you do check each of your media players options/settings. Some media players can 'intercept' your remote - 3/rock on is one which has such a feature in the preference. If you tick the 'use headset' option in 3 - the remote doesn't work with the standard player. Hope this helps.

4. `Shyam

So it works but not with the standard player? Bit strange that.. is there any music player which is close to the standard player, or better I tried Mixzing or whatever but didn't quite like it any others?

5. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

If you have a few media players check all preferences of them all and see if any are intercepting the headset. The option of intercepting the headset in one media player could be blocking the others. Changing this setting might sort the headphones.

boomboy likes this.
  6. boomboy

boomboy Active Member

thanks! that worked for me!

7. `Shyam

I see I'll bare that in mind when I buy it shame it won't work with the standard player though
    thanks for the help

8. Hrochnick

Hrochnick Well-Known Member

` Shyam, it does work with he standard player. Just ensure that all and any other music apps do not have the option to control the remote ticked as they seem to override the stock one.

9. `Shyam

I see I have no other app's for music so I should be fine thanks