HTC email client + exchange server, delete from phone doesn't delete from exchange server

Last Updated:

1. TT_Vert

TT_Vert Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is this something I have to deal with or is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?
    Same thing w/ the calendar reminders. I have dismissed them on my phone but they still come up in outlook when I get home.
    Thanks
    Dave

Advertisement
  2. hankbear

hankbear Active Member

The reminders work the same as you for me, and always have with all of my many Windows Mobile phones. However, deleting messages always results in them being deleted off the server. We have Exchange 2003. What version are you connecting to?

3. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

Same here about Reminders. I have a Small Business Server 2008 (w/Exchange 2007) and I don't have the delete problem. I have had some sync issues with Contacts, tho. Sometimes, changes in Outlook get reversed or don't "stick" unless I keep it open and the EVO has download all the changes. Otherwise, it works great.

4. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

I had a problem the other day when deleting email, it would re sync and my deleted email would show back up. I deleted the account and added it back in and it's working fine now.

5. TT_Vert

Im checking the version of our exchange server today. It appears that it marks the emails as read but doesn't delete them when I delete them on the phone.

Dave

6. TT_Vert

We have exchange 2003. I found out that if i hit the sync button after a delete it will remove the items from the server. Anyone know of a way to have it auto sync from the phone to server also?
    Dave