Htc email widget issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. 4743hudsonj

4743hudsonj Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so i have a desire and im loving it, my only very minor gripe is HTC's own email widget/app.

I have it set up with my hotmail account and so far its functioning beautifully. However i do find it annoying that when i read an email on the desire, it doesnt mark it as read in hotmail in a browser.

Now this is possible as my nokias push email always marked it as read etc but this doesnt. Are there any settings i need to change or any similar alternative apps available that do this but also have full or half screen widgets?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I don't use hotmail but if you can set it up using IMAP instead of pop that woul do it

Edit> Having looked into this further, hotmail doesn't support IMAP. Only POP.

3. 4743hudsonj

Cheers for trying, i know it only supports POP but like i said, it used to work on my nokia n97 so cant see why not on the desire. Its quite annoying as it leaves me with hundreds of unread messages that i have actually read.

4. diggerbucket

diggerbucket Active Member

It's not a limitation of the phone, it's a limitation of Hotmail!

5. 4743hudsonj

I would disagree as said it worked fine on my nokia.

6. SUroot

7. 4743hudsonj

Yes i get all that but this obviously has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

My nokias email client did all this fine with the same account so why not the desire. So its nothing to do with the account and obviously a difference between the handsets as thats the only variable. So simply, is there a way to make it work properly now, if so how, if not, are there alternatives that may work.

8. SUroot

There may be an app but I dont know about it. Nokia will have had to work with Microsoft (and hotmail) to do this and thats why Nokia messaging can do that. Like iphone, it will be using activesync. Google and Microsoft have no such affiliation...

Until microsoft does the above, (unless there is some kind of app already) you will have to wait.

4743hudsonj likes this.
  9. n7of9

n7of9 Active Member

(late to the party)...you need to have SYNC ON when using your email app in order to sync your read or deleted mail back to the server

10. DuongStar

DuongStar New Member

Hi this does not work for me and I still have to "read" all the emails on my desktop that I read on my phone. I also use Hotmail.