htc eris and flash?General

Last Updated:

1. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

does the eris do flash? i've had many instances where it won't so im guessing it doesn't. but i've heard that adobe is going to release flash for the Droid, does this apply to the eris too?

Advertisement
  2. Dangraef

Dangraef Active Member

The ERIS and the HERO are some of the only phones with a native flash app built directly into the phone. Its called HTC Flash Lite, and doesn't have all of the capabilities that the full flash player has on your computer. But it does work for some things! Videos for one, and some sites that have flash content will work. But complex sites just come up as not supported. If you looked at the same sites on a DROID or other phones it wouldn't even get that far!!.. I heard that Adobe will come out with Flash 10.1 for android some time next year which will be awsome!!! hope this helps...

3. onion

onion Banned

Yes of course the Eris has flash player built-in. If it didnt you would not be able to play Youtube videos.

4. jmastron

jmastron Well-Known Member

The dedicated Youtube player app doesn't really "play flash"; it decodes .flv videos but doesn't deal with any of the other constructs. Same as the Youtube app on the iPhone, whose browser doesn't support Flash at all (same with the Motorola Droid, it sounds like)

If you go to youtube.com in the Eris browser and find a video, it will pull up the HTC Flash Lite player and use that to play (whereas on the iPhone, it redirects to the dedicated app).

5. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i believe there is some sort of flash implemented within the eris though, its a lite version as was stated above but nothing special. what i want to know is if we're going to be blessed by adobe next year (around feb. is what i heard) with a full flash based app they are making for mobile phones. i dont see why not?

6. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Nothing special? Better than the flash player on the Droid. ;)