HTC Eros and Blue Tooth abilityGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Skyholder

Skyholder Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am very upset that I can not initiate a phone call THROUGH my blue tooth headset. I was told by HTC Customer support that the 2.1 OS doesn't support it. I was then told that they have no idea when 2.2 will be rolled out.
    That the agents were told THE MORNING that 2.1 came out, that "2.1 is now out there. Get ready." Then told that 2.2 is being developed, but that the customer service agent's have NO idea when it will be released. They are being told to say, "In the near future."

I was also told that the "Incredible" has the same software as the Eros, and therefore, the blue tooth is NOT any more fully compatible. Which is interesting, since the Verizon agent said, "Oh yeah, just upgrade to the Incredible, it works fully, with blue tooth devices." Mind you, that would be an additional $99.95. Inmagine how pissed I'd be if I did THAT!!!!

Anyway, just wanted to pass on the information.

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

This is pretty well known that Android devices don't have the best Bluetooth functionality. Especially since they still don't have native Bluetooth voice dialing. But the Eris may never get 2.2 officially for all we know. The Incredible will for sure.

It just makes me glad I don't use Bluetooth.

3. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

This may be true for the Eris, but the OP is speaking of the Eros. The phone of erotic love. :D

4. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Oh, my mistake. Sounds kinky. And the OP is also talking about a Blue Tooth. Is that what happens when someone punches you really hard in the mouth?

5. Morkai Almandragon

Morkai Almandragon Well-Known Member

6. Skyholder

Skyholder Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ya knowwwwwwwwwwwww, if I could fix the topic, I would!!!!!:eek:

7. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

Its pretty much impossible to think that the eris will get froyo. Both JIT and flash, the two major points of 2.2, cannot run (well, stable) on the eris's arm 6 cpu. Thats just the fact. --Beesley the maker of the kaos froyo rom for the eris.

I was talking to him about it yesterday in irc, and he doesnt believe its going to happen because to get jit or flash to work, there has to be a lot of emulation and it just slows the phone down too much for it to be worth having jit or flash in the first place.

We might get something along the lines of melyo, (2.1.5 Melted yogurt), that doesnt have jit or flash support but does add some of the other compaitble features like bluetooth dialing. But verizon and htc are both idiots, so that wont happen.

8. Morkai Almandragon

Morkai Almandragon Well-Known Member

Uh, version 19 is pretty stable, no flash, but jits standard. One thing to note though, I think Kaos was on version 12 yesterday haha, hes working on 20 as we speak.