Painkillaz Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. dpeagle

dpeagle Well-Known Member

jsward12 likes this.
  3. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

If so, dual core snapdragon sounds awesome! And if it is the next generation EVO, I just might be upgrading (although, a big factor for me would be if the phone has the same physical dimensions as the current EVO, so that I can still use the docks I purchased).
  4. viber

viber Well-Known Member

Those specs are awesome. If that is the Evo2, it will displace my Nexus S 4G ambitions. I really like the screen res.

[​IMG]
  5. CaMelGuY1337

CaMelGuY1337 New Member

6. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

At this point, if I were shooting for the Nexus line, I would wait for the Nexus S successor. I'd be willing to bet that we will see it on Sprint from now on.
  7. lordofthereef

And none of these benchmarks are optimized. Also, we aren't actually clocking releaseed handsets. The info we currently have is an okay ROUGH guesstimate of what we will be getting. It is FAR from gospel.
  8. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

I'm excited simply for the dual-core/qhD/more RAM aspect. 3D is absolutely useless to me and pushing it so hard is an industry fail.

I'm still getting it on day one though, since a sucker for marketing.
  9. Mongoos150

Mongoos150 Well-Known Member

Of the few EVO 3D threads, there's yet to be one addressing the fact that this is indeed the successor to the EVO 4G. Though the 3D feature may or may not be gimmicky, the device is a full-fledged successor and [according to Engadget / Phone Arena] will be (one of) the best-spec'd phone of 2011 (as the EVO 4G was last year).

-qHD Display @ 960x540 - MAJOR upgrade from E4G
    -1.2GHz Dual-Core SoC + 1GB RAM (Qualcomm's MSM8660) - MAJOR upgrade from E4G, besting Tegra 2 / Tegra 3D
    -1080P Video Capture/Playback - MAJOR upgrade from E4G
    -Large hardware camera button - this is great great great!
    -Ships with 2.3 Gingerbread - great great great!
  10. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I still can't help but think the 3 and 4 in the names is going to be an issue. Non tech savvy types are going to think the 4G is newer and better than the 3D just because of the higher number!
  11. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

12. lordofthereef

I don't see it as a BAD think to push, per se. The EVO was pushed as the nation's first 4G phone. I just last month was able to try out 4G (Chicago area), and in the area, aside from having better latency, the 3G was just as good. If 3D takes off, they win. If not, it still won't be a HUGE loss, all things considered.

All that said, I too think 3D is pretty lame, but HTC honestly has more to gain than lose here IMO.
  13. GODHOOD

GODHOOD Active Member

I don't really see myself using the 3-D features that much, it'll be nice to look at for a few months but then I'm sure I will get tired of it. My only concern is how the video quality of the 1080p looks after recording, I was disappointed with the picture and sound quality of 720p videos on the EVO.