HTC EVO 3D WallpapersGeneral

Last Updated: 2011-08-18 13:40:03
  1. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I was hoping we could get a wallpaper thread rolling with resolutions specific to the 3vo. We have a great one in the "OG Evo" forum (lolz) and I'd love to dive right in tomorrow when I get mine. Anybody know the right resolution/shape and all that for a perfect 3vo wallpaper?

Advertisement
  2. toad6386

toad6386 Well-Known Member

540 x 960 QHD ain't it?
  3. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member

The wallpapers are larger than the screen size; as you scroll from side to side you'll notice that you are looking at a different section of a larger picture. I'm actually curious what the actual resolution is as well, since custom backgrounds I use don't line up the way I'd like them to, especially when I switch from portrait to landscape (Never realized there was one in the EVO forum, I'll have to go check that out).
    toad6386 likes this.
  4. toad6386

toad6386 Well-Known Member

Ah, that's right! More of my NoOb coming out... Thanks!:D
  5. themuffinman75

themuffinman75 Well-Known Member

Uh check again, it doesn't shift like the OG evo. The wallpaper is stationary this time around, probably because of the new carousel feature in sense.
    Emmexx likes this.
  6. Emmexx

Emmexx Well-Known Member

Interesting. I use a wallpaper app that rotates images in every minute or so. I wonder how that will play out. Guess I get to find out in the morning :)
  7. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member

I can't check anything until I actually have one (5 hours...). :p I was basing that off of the assumption that it was still the same as the EVO, but I stand corrected. ;)
  8. JunBringer

Oh man I didn't even notice that. Ah well.

We can still post some killer wallpapers though :)
  9. themuffinman75

themuffinman75 Well-Known Member

It will probably still work but it probably wont shift when you switch to your different home screens.
  10. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

If you end up using a custom launcher, you'll have scrolling wallpapers again. Verified this on ADW Launcher already.
  11. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw Well-Known Member

For one that's in the Market, I recommend the Aquarium Live wallpaper by Kittehface. If you have the premium version, he periodically comes out with various updates that help keep things fresh, including having sharks swimming around that you can feed steaks to!

Aquarium Live Wallpaper for Android | AppBrain.com

Most of the live wallpapers put out by Kittehface are decent, but I especially like this one. Invested a buck (or whatever it was) in it almost a year ago, and have got quite a bit of enjoyment out of it, even though I can only leave it running for awhile when I'm near a battery charger! :)
  12. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

I normally use Zedge for my wallpapers, but I've found that some aren't fully covering the screen. Where is everyone getting their wallpapers from?
  13. SharkytheShark

SharkytheShark New Member

Go to the Marketplace and download a "Live" wallpaper for the animated stuff. They have a bunch of free ones and look great. They aren't in 3D but they look really nice.
  14. Shady Pete

Shady Pete Well-Known Member

heavychevy likes this.
  15. JunBringer

Installing now. Thanks! It's gonna have to be good to beat my Ubermusic Album Art Live Wallpaper!!
  16. ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X Well-Known Member

Vortex Galaxy was my first live wallpaper on June 25th. I used it for a while, but the fellas at work started wondering about my sexuality. Especially with a purple skin and purple Body Glove case to match.

Now I sport Celestial Bodies 95% of the time. It also helps that I upgraded to the Seidio 4000 battery and extended black case.
  17. JunBringer

It lags too much so I uninstalled it. Very pretty though!
  18. Shady Pete

Shady Pete Well-Known Member

It doesn't lag if you slow it down to 50% in the settings ... I almost uninstalled it for the same reason
  19. JunBringer

Oh good. I'll give that a try.
  20. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

21. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

It's been a while guys and sorry I hadn't had a chance to see how you are all doing with your 3D's. I'm completely content and happy with the Photon, but promised I'd stop in every now and then to see how you are all doing.

Nontheless, I wanted to share a thread I started in the Photon forums of some really cool Live Wallpaper apps I've found over the past year, since I first got my EVO 4G last year.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-photon-4g/398142-live-wallpaper-apps-thread.html

The coolest one I found is a Live Wallpaper app that allows you to take your own videos stored on your phone or SD card and make them into a Live Wallpaper! It's awesome with a dual-core processor, so I had to share that with you all...since many of you I had chatted with since the e4g times.

Cheers.
    drex
    PyroSporker likes this.
  22. Brian360

Brian360 Well-Known Member

I like the fireflies live wallpaper with everything turned off except the fireflys. No background and just have the little orbs of pulsing light flying around, really neat with no noticeable battery drain.
  23. z50king

z50king Well-Known Member

I like cropping my own... if this is unacceptable please take it down

Here is one with pandora in the way
    [​IMG]
  24. Day7

Day7 New Member

I've done wallpaper myself for my Evo. It looks great with HTC interface.

[​IMG]

To keep better quality use stock gallery. Feel free to use it :)
    Complex757 likes this.