• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GSM] HTC EVO 3D Wont root cm10 or aokp

demops

Lurker
May 18, 2013
Okay. So here is my dilemma. I have tried to root this phone for at least a year. But recently i was able to do it. I unlocked my phone and put a working recovery on it! 4ext! But then the problems began. I tried to install ROms like Aokp or Cm10.1 but they would load up to the startup animation then go into a boot loop. For at least 6 other roms this happened aswell. I then read up on some articles and think that maybe this is because of my hboot. It is hboot 1.5 and not many roms work with this. I tried to flash AnthraX-htcleak-rls1.zip kernel since many articles said it would fix the problem but it did not help. PLEASE Can someone help me ! I need cm10 or aokp! BTW this is a HTC evo 3d Gsm (rogers) hboot 1.5. And NOT s off. Last time i tried s off it didnt work. If you can fix it great otherwise can u suggest some roms for an HTC EVO 3D GSM hboot 1.5

do you have hboot 1.50,or 1.53? if 1.50, then sounds like you actually have a cdma evo 3d.

if 1.53,then how did you flash your kernel? possibly there was an error there,if it is supposed to allow AOSP with this hboot.

unfortunately,the only way to change hboot is to become s off,so you can freely move backwards or forwards in firmware. more info on s off here: http://androidforums.com/gsm-evo-3d...nfo-faq-root-s-off-gsm-evo-3d-all-hboots.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones