HTC EVO 4G Gets Some Plan Information

Last Updated:

1. BlkKC4u

BlkKC4u Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

No info there. Doesn't say anything.

But it does try to make it sound like there will need to be some evo specific plan. IF that's the case, and I assume it'd be higher than the Simple Everything plan, I'd be royally pissed.

3. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I would bet money on this being wrong. When the CEO of the company flat out says that you will use the same plans then I tend to believe that over some random website.

Word on the street is still same plans, addon for Sprint's commercial tethering app.

mrk, Covert_Death and Orion like this.
  4. apollooff320

apollooff320 Well-Known Member

If I have to change my everything plan to something else or add anything I'll just screw the phone.

5. passivesf

passivesf Well-Known Member

That would be making us pay for 4g! This is either BS or there are going to be some pissed off people! That is false advertising and not a good way for customers to trust you!

6. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Pretty much. Wimax is something new that isn't available to everyone so they won't want to throw up any barriers to its adoption. How annoying would it be to have to choose whether you will have it within the year, whether you want to pay extra, etc. They want to just have it as an added bonus where available. Once coverage is wider and more people are using it, they will probably change pricing plans in a few years to reflect new usage for everyone.

Also, Wimax just makes it easier and cheaper for them to provide data so it would not make sense to add a charge.

I think it is safe to ignore this particular rumor.

7. Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle Well-Known Member

Doesnt really bother me. My wife and i have blackberries, so we have the common family data plan.

8. aaronscool

aaronscool Active Member

I would be very disappointed if there is a higher fee for 4g data plans. If there is I won't be purchasing the EVO and would be looking back at the Incredible or Samsungs coming out soon.

As much as 4G is nice I really don't want to pay even more for my monthly data plan than I do already as it's already getting pretty close to the cost of my home internet...

9. wndrshwzn

wndrshwzn Well-Known Member

ugh, the rumors are getting out of hand...the ONLY extra charge will be for the mifi hotspot/tethering. not for the 4g signal itself. that would be the biggest mistake sprint and clearwire could ever make marketing this 4g phone. lol

10. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

EXACTLY, all it says is you HAVE to have a data plan, which we already know. You can't use just a voice plan or a SERO plan.

Edit: Fixed to draw more attention.

11. Scott Spillers

Scott Spillers Member

Count on all of the plans changing. The training slides say that all phones on plans that share minutes with an Evo must be upgraded to a plan designed for the HTC Evo. So the CEO was correct when he said that all phones will use the same plans.

12. Scott Spillers

Scott Spillers Member

If the training slides are to be believed, you will still have to upgrade your family data plan to a new plan designed for the EVO. If the EVO was allowed on the current family data and simply everything plans, no new plans would have to be designed. I truly hope that this is just a poor choice of terms, but I would think that the slides would have been more specific if the EVO could be used on any of the current plans.

13. akayareal

akayareal Well-Known Member

Lets look at the facts people.

1. Currently 4g is offered from Sprint in the form of 3g/4g data cards and the mifi and have since been reduced in price.

2. Hesse himself said that 4g is actually cheaper than 3g.

I would not be surprised if Sprint does come out with new price plans and offer cheaper plans than they have now to further entice those who might have said they wont get the Evo because their area is has not been announced as a future 4g area.

The Evo and 4g are great for Sprint but as time has shown for Sprint, they have to come very hard to bring in new subs and i think this new phone and new price plans will do it.

14. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I don't believe none of that BS on that website. Please!

15. Tiako

Tiako Well-Known Member

Sprint rep told me that 4g would cost 10 bucks more.

16. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

Your "Sprint Rep" knows nothing because nothing has been released to him. You can be assured that if something had been released about plans, it would be published by the many Android sites.

excav8ter and Orion like this.
  17. wndrshwzn

wndrshwzn Well-Known Member

the hotspot/tethering might cost more, not 4g itself....

18. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I saw the same post on the EVO Facebook page. It really doesn't tell us squat, much less even point at a source. I chalk it up to more rumor-mongering.

[​IMG]

19. Tiako

Tiako Well-Known Member

Doesn't mean they don't know. They hear about the stuff before anything is officially released.

20. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

If you believe THAT, then I have a couple of bridges to sell you.

21. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

no they don't tiako, sprint reps are notorious for spreading false rumors just to say something... i guarantee sites like these find out official news weeks before a sprint rep even know what we are talking about

22. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

"Hi, I'm a _______________ rep, I don't want to appear out of the loop - so, I'll make something up. Sometimes, I'm actually right".

It was intentionally left blank. NO company has a monopoly on this (at least none that I know of).

23. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Well-Known Member

I just switched to the 69.99 450 plan and I was told the other day when I called about my rebate that I would of had to of changed my plan for this phone anyway. Cause I was on an old F& C plan up until March when I changed so I could be premiere sooner and just have everything. So I am thinking like everyone else says it's only more that wifi tethering..

24. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. Seems like the OP is trying to piss us off.

I do NOT buy this.

25. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member

I was talking to someone on the online chat at Sprint's website, and they told me that from what they were told if you have any of the unlimited data plans then there shouldn't be an increase in price to use 4g. I don't know if anybody has already stated that but I talked to the guy yesterday. He seemed less knowledgeable about if Sprint would charge extra for using the phone as a hotspot.