• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO 4G Glass Touch LCD Screen Repair

Hi,

We have just completed our repair video guide for the HTC EVO 4G smartphone from Sprint. We thought it may be of interest to readers of this forum as it shows how to replace both a broken glass touch screen digitizer and the LCD screen which we know is a common issue with this phone.

Our HTC EVO 4G repair video can be found here - HTC EVO 4G Glass Touch Screen Digitizer + LCD Repair Guide

We hope this guide helps. Let us know if there are any questions / suggestions to improve this video.

Hi,

We have just completed our repair video guide for the HTC EVO 4G smartphone from Sprint. We thought it may be of interest to readers of this forum as it shows how to replace both a broken glass touch screen digitizer and the LCD screen which we know is a common issue with this phone.

Our HTC EVO 4G repair video can be found here - HTC EVO 4G Glass Touch Screen Digitizer + LCD Repair Guide

We hope this guide helps. Let us know if there are any questions / suggestions to improve this video.
Forget you. I just saw this thread http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/189337-warning-about-www-repairsuniverse-com.html#post1678583 I want nothing from your business if this is the result of your company following its own instructions!

Reactions: Drew5150
Upvote 0
Last week my wife dropped her Evo and completely shattered the glass front. Rather than pay $500 for a new Evo off-contract (or $350 for a used one on EBAY) I thought I'd give this replacement a try.

My first impression with their service was great. They shipped the replacement glass amazingly quick, and it seemed to be just as described.

Then I did the install. All-in-all it went pretty well, but I did have a few complaints. First off, their video makes it look way easier than it is. The one part in particular that was a pain was separating the glass from the plastic bit behind it. They must have already taken that phone apart once before in the video to make it look so easy.

Once I got the phone back together and turned it on, everything works great, but the new glass doesn't look quite as good as the original. There are some fine lines running vertically down the inside surface of it (probably for the touch sensor), but you only really notice them when the light hits the screen just right or when the screen turns all white when you first boot the phone up.

Here's a photo of me pulling the cracked screen off when I finally got it loose:
cracked_up_close.jpg

Reactions: Clay125
Upvote 0
Or you could have taken it to sprint and paid them 35 dollars to do it...

My wife dropped hers yesterday morning and cracked the top right corner of the screen. We didn't have insurance on hers, but took it to the Sprint repair store and 1 hr. later and $35, the screen was brand new.

Upvote 0
So how do I know if I have a wide flex cable or a narrow one? I need to order the parts! What are the measurements?

Hi,

The way to be 100% sure is to pop the back off the phone and check the width of the LCD flex cable.

We have the exact ribbon widths on our website on the screen product pages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones