HTC EVO 4G LTE: How to get track and album art information on my car's display: Root?

1. darkleafar

darkleafar Well-Known Member

So I've been having this problem [Q] Evo 4G LTE car's usb port/bluetooth connectivity issues. Please help! - xda-developers and after posting in give different forums I ve given up.

At this point, Im simply looking for a way to get my album art and track information on my car's display, whether it requires root, bluetooth, USB, no bluetooth, whatever. I just need a way to get it done.

Here is what I thought of:

Option 1:
    The linux bluetooth stack for android (Bluez) now supports AVRCP 1.3 but my EVO LTE still does not..there is something wrong with that picture. How do I make this happen? I have a Prius with a head unit that supports AVRCP 1.3 and i need to see my track data on my head units screen. I know one solution is switching to Cyanogen Mod which has already updated to AVRCP 1.3, but is there a way to simply upgrade the bluetooth stack without rooting and going to Cyanogen?
    Or if I must root, exactly what ROM should I use other than Cyanogen? Isnt there any sense based ROMs that have the added ability of AVRCP 1.3?

Option 2: My car, in a way, does work with Media Sync USB option. Like I explained in the thread linked above, it detects the songs but completely unorganized, and as of recently, it doesnt detect them at all. I keep getting this media file titled "join hangout" and "facebook pop" which are 3 second files each. It seems like they belong to some app or function in my phone. Why does my car keep finding that? Isnt there a way to trick it into finding the songs?

Im getting pretty desperate at this point. I ve researched extensively for weeks how to manipulate MTP metadata, upgrade bluetooth stacks, manipulate disk drive option on EVO LTE, but I ve found nothing. At all. Please help me. Id truly appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I'm not sure if there is a solution to this issue yet. I'm not really that well versed on the Bluetooth capabilities, I never use em. :(

I remember discussions on the OG that CM was the way to get this to work. CM isn't ready for the El Tevo yet, at least for mainstream and use as a daily driver.

I'm not sure if a custom kernel could fix this or not. Unfortunately we don't really have full blown custom kernels yet. HTC hasn't released the source code for the kernel. I'm sorry to say it, but you may have to wait for a while to get the solution for this. :(
    EarlyMon likes this.
  3. darkleafar

frown + frown = DOUBLE frown combo.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Granite1 likes this.
  5. falconey

falconey Well-Known Member

Have you tried pandora like the person that responded in your other thread to see if it works properly? Also have you tried a tagging software(maybe on an album or two for testing) to see if retagging your music will allow it to play nice with the Prius' computer?
  6. darkleafar

Ah, I forgot to do the pandora thing. Ill do that. Now, I asked around about tagging software, but no one was able to recommend any. Do you have a recommendation?
  7. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Well-Known Member

Tag scanner is my favorite. I'm very anal about my ID3 tags being perfect so my music is organized beautifully and Tag Scanner is fantastic for that. You can edit 1 or a million tags. And best of all, it's free.
    falconey, EarlyMon and Granite1 like this.
  8. falconey

I use tag scanner as well.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  9. darkleafar

I need some help with tag scanner, it looks kinda confusing. How exactly should I rename my songs? It has options for Track number / track name format, or artist name/ track name format etc. And there is a "music renamer", "tag editor" and "tag processor" and "list maker". Which one am I supposed to use?
  10. windsorclarenc

windsorclarenc Well-Known Member

Use tag editor, it edits the ID3 tag. That's what devices read to find out artist info and whatnot. Music renamer just changes the file name. Make sure after editing a tag to hit the save button or control+s, not enter.
  11. falconey

Use the tag editor tab. select the album, by clicking the browse button at the bottom of the program and finding the folder the album is in. when it loads into tag editor you should see what's already being recognized via the ID3 tag. Edit the fields you want. If everything loads up correctly, tags aren't your issue.