Htc Evo 4g not even released yet and root instructions are out.General

Last Updated:

1. chasehale10

chasehale10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

Yes and No. I heard Google gave out the phone to select developers at the I/O convention and it was rooted before the event was over.

So basically free phone + sick developers = speedy root.

What I don't get is why some HTC devices are so easy to root (Droid, Evo, etc) and some are sooooo hard (Inc, Eris)

3. patkicks10

patkicks10 Well-Known Member

Why insulting? Just because it comes out later then the Incredible doesn't mean the Incredible has priority in the root process...
    Also, they gave tons of the best developers EVO 4G's so obv. they are going to get it :p

hmm.. the eris was hard to root as well? Maybe it's verizon putting extra security on them?
    Who knows :D

4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

The EVO is weak, the Incredible is tough!

.. but no, really, the EVO was given out a while back, so dev's have had it for a while. And since it's a GSM phone, it will have a wider audience than CDMA phones.

5. foreWard

foreWard Well-Known Member

evo is not a gsm phone......but you would think the inc wouldnt be too far behind, since the phones are so similar, but I know nothing about rooting, so maybe that doesnt make sence...

6. 34.50

34.50 Well-Known Member

No, the EVO 4G is not GSM.

It's just what happens when Google (or anyone) gives away phones to the developers and they will get it rooted.

necosino likes this.
  7. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

You can't be serious. Please tell me you are not serious.

:rolleyes:

8. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Well-Known Member

Sprint is CDMA for Sprint and Virgin networks and iDEN for Nextel and Boost.

necosino likes this.
  9. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Well-Known Member

Don't call him Shirley.

10. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

You must be really naive if you think that. You do realize that they GAVE OUT FREE Evos at Google I/O right? And guess what? People that attend conferences like these are top notch developers. So now, try to follow me.. you have some of the smartest devs in the country in one room, you hand them all a free smartphone, naturally they're going to start messing around with it and eventually try to hack it. Well surprise, surprise, because thats exactly what happens. This is by no means whatsoever "insulting" to anyone.

11. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

The way I look at(which may be completely wrong, cause what do I know) is the Inc doesn't have half the following it should have. We need to remember that there are thousands and thousands of people who are still waiting for their Inc's. What really sucks(thanks to VZW/HTC/Samsung?) is the shortage of the Amoled's, because if you think about it, the guy that may root the Inc is on a waiting list for his Inc because the manufacturers did not plan out this release very well.