HTC EVO 4G ROM released!

Last Updated:

1. mx7

mx7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can't wait to get your hands on an EVO 4G? Then it looks like you can now at least settle for the next best thing that's not actually anything like the real thing: the final, shipping version of the EVO 4G ROM. That's just been released into the wild courtesy of Conflipper, and is ready to be downloaded for use however you like -- and at your own risk, of course. Hit up the source link below for the download link, and let us know in comments if you manage to work any magic with it.

Shipping HTC EVO 4G ROM released into the wild -- Engadget

Download link:
    http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Supersonic/

Advertisement
    tictac likes this.
  2. Impulses

Impulses Member

Meh... Wake me up when HTC releases the source code so that user devs can go really crazy with it.

3. aaronscool

aaronscool Active Member

That's a feature you toggle on and off. Up to you if you want to see them...

4. sampo

sampo Active Member

I've got a hypothetical.... can I download this and put it on my phone (Sprint HTC Hero)? What are my best and worst case scenarios, is it any different than 2.1?

'splain please!!!

5. Clock

Clock Well-Known Member

Pretty cool. The good folks at XDA have managed to grab the HQ Youtube program and port it over to the other Android phones.

Living in a 3G-only area, I have high hopes that I can download that to force the application to use HQ despite not being on a WiFi / 3G connection. I'm sure that a fast 3G connection can handle HQ, and if not, I don't mind letting it buffer for a minute or two. Good to have the option.

Solid development!

It might work. It might brick your phone. Personally, I wouldn't do it. Even if the EVO ROM works, what would you really get out of it? I think most of the interface stuff has been shown off in the various YT videos.

6. sampo

sampo Active Member

Thats my ultimate question...What's really behind this ROM that makes it different?

7. Clock

Clock Well-Known Member

Sprint's modifications. Stuff like Sprint Nav / TV... the 4G radio code... etc.