1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1

Last Updated:

1. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

New update coming.

DO NOT ACCEPT IF YOUR PHONE IS ROOTED! Can't say it loud enough.

HTC EVO 4G Maintenance Update 4.53.651.1 Rolling Out Over The Next 1-2 Weeks - Here's What It Fixes

Advertisement
    LouieLou74, slikroid11, EVU and 2 others like this.
  2. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

Finally fixed the voice to text! Too bad I got tired of waiting and rooted. Not going to fall for this one.
  3. CD_Ridge

CD_Ridge Active Member

+1, running CM7 now not going back to Sense. Though I would like to know if the Revolutionary tool would work with this new release.
  4. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Me too. Though I wouldn't want to be the one to test it! ;)
  5. Davisito2

Davisito2 New Member

Well I've never rooted my Evo but I wanna say that I just downloaded the new update. I live in New York if it matters
  6. higgins14

higgins14 Active Member

i did not get notification of an update... but my evo is acting weird.

the bar for the phone or apps that is typically at the bottom of the screen right above the hard buttons is now stuck in a "landscape" position as opposed to "portrait". the icons are still in the portrait arrangement, but there is no text under the icons.

is anyone else's evo doing weird things? a few weeks ago, for a few minutes, all of my icons and the phone bar would switch from portrait to landscape when i rotated my phone (just like my wife's epic 4g)
  7. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member

I got the update this morning. I haven't yet had a chance to test the voice to text. That's the only thing in this update they decided to address which I cared about.
  8. wolf_walker

wolf_walker Well-Known Member

I *think* my camera is working semi-reasonably again. I wasn't able to get it to lock the phone up this evening anyway, which is an improvement. I'll keep trying.
  9. jmwebb

jmwebb Member

I'll be fairly happy if voice to text works.. I'll be really happy if Sense stops crashing over and over when I close my browser. Ugh. That is driving me insane. I haven't gotten the update yet.. hasn't reached my area apparently.
  10. flyingyogi

flyingyogi Member

For those that downloaded and installed the OTA, what version hboot does it have?
    ocnbrze likes this.
  11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

good question. i would like to know that as well. so if someone can pwoer off ( you may have to uncheck fastboot in settings/applications and uncheck fastboot. next power off then press and hold power+vol down. at the top is the hboot version. out of curiosity can someone confirm what it it. thanx guys.
  12. wolverinex

wolverinex Member

just received update still have s-off hboot still 6.16.1002
    CD_Ridge likes this.
  13. tim309

tim309 New Member

Just updated this morning, here is the info:

SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-2.16.0001

EVO 4G
    CD_Ridge likes this.
  14. daniml

daniml New Member

I would like to know from a few more people if root remains untouched after the OTA. I really want the voice to text feature fixed, but not bad enough to lose root... I'm just not brave enough to try it. :eek:
  15. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Not rooted in NJ. Didn't update to 2.3 either. I got the maintenance update, and I don't notice much of a difference. I didn't have issues before, likely because I haven't taken the 2.3 upgrade. I won't until it's fully resolved the significant outstanding issues. Maybe never. My wife hasn't gotten this update, but her 2.3 update seems to have had 0 negative impact.
  16. ocnbrze

just be patient the devs will cook the new ota into their roms. no need to accept the ota. it is a very good possibilty you could loose root and will not be able to re-root again as it will most likely close any exploits found.
    daniml likes this.
  17. yellagirl730

yellagirl730 Active Member

Since I updated this morning, I am getting a signin error on my phone saying the password is incorrect.on this Google acct. is. My google username is different. Anyone else have this problem?
  18. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

Just curious if this update does indeed fix the voice search thing. I got the phone with 2.3.3 and was shocked to find that it didn't work very well. :mad:
  19. ocnbrze

if you look at the op it does say that it fixes it.
  20. dustwun77

Just want some independent confirmation vs advertising.
  21. slikroid11

slikroid11 New Member

downloading as i type, will update if any major changes..
  22. jmwebb

jmwebb Member

I updated today, and it DID indeed fix the speech to text problem when driving (or when there is background noise). I can't say I've had time to really test it extensively, but I tried it a few times and it worked everytime. Seems like a good update.

I'm hoping it fixed the Sense problem/splash screen issue. That's the one that's really driving me insane.
    DennisF6, ocnbrze, EVU and 1 other person like this.
  23. dustwun77

Thanks for the info!

hope it fixes your prob too. What is it, exactly?
  24. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Well-Known Member

what exacly does this update does besides fix the voice to text?
  25. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Go to the first post.