HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1

1. EVU

EVU Well-Known Member

Preliminary test today in a car seems positive for Voice to Text update.
    Car was only standing still with engine on & an occasional passenger voice - besides me.
    stainlessray, ocnbrze and dustwun77 like this.
  2. guycan

guycan Member

I just got the new update and now the camera on the back crashes
    Every time u try to chameleon the camera from front to back it crash
    So the update fix one thing and it broke another.
  3. Largepkg

Largepkg Well-Known Member

I updated yesterday and so far it seems to have fixed all my issues. No more freezes, sense reboots, camera lock ups, and voice search is back to it's original functionality.

I tried switching cameras from front to back multiple times with no negative results.

All's good in EVO world once again.
    EVU, stainlessray and ocnbrze like this.
  4. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

Proceeded with the update. Noticed that the stupid sense based restart seems to be fixed. Will update as I explore more the features said to be repaired. Also anxious to make sure bluetooth fix doesn't negatively impact sync with my car, which was repaired when GB first came down.
  5. oshogg

oshogg Active Member

6. XOS THW

XOS THW Well-Known Member

Cool, that Picasa thing has been annoying!
  7. decaffviper17

decaffviper17 Well-Known Member

I've been holding off because of all the problems... but i finally did the update yesterday. So far im happy with results. better performance, especially with texting. Only issue is it broke my WiMax Notification app... but they are coming out with a fix soon.
  8. frankiepapa

frankiepapa Well-Known Member

Gingerbread broke the WIMAX Notifier for me...that was a great app!!
  9. stewdog1

stewdog1 Well-Known Member

10. Largepkg

Largepkg Well-Known Member

Spoke to soon. Sense just crashed a rebooted. It happened after exiting from QIK. Seems to be a rare event now for what it's worth. No other issues so far...
  11. ck4794

ck4794 Well-Known Member

supposedly gingerbread fixes netflix right? i'm still on froyo (don't ask my why i bought the phone day before yesterday and it still has froyo well after the update was released) and i can't get the hdmi to actually put out with netflix. sound will go though. and it does detect that the hdmi cable is indeed hooked up.

bigger problem though. i've downloaded the update six or seven times today and it won't take. it gets about 1/3 of the way through the update when it restarts and freezes. gives me the little android with the triangle and the ! and i have to do a hard reset. any thoughts?
  12. RaidersFan619

RaidersFan619 New Member

I just did the update last night. Now every 5 - 10 min it reboots. I thought it was the Desktop program I was using (DXTop Pro). I uninstalled that (after 5 reboots). But I'm still having the same problem. The phone is a bit warm. So, I now have the battery out & am letting it cool down. :(
  13. 0837s

0837s Well-Known Member

I downloaded the update, and for the first few days, everything was great. Last night, however, I was using the camera for a little bit, it froze up, so I exited out and thought nothing of it. Well, a couple of hours later, it started into a continuous reboot and won't stop- Guess I'm on the way to Sprint AGAIN to get yet another new Evo. I hope they are open today...

If anyone knows how to fix this, PLEASE let me know. NON ROOTED.
  14. alkalidodo

alkalidodo Well-Known Member

Well still waiting for the big thing- ice cream.
  15. BamaInArk

BamaInArk Well-Known Member

As a reminder for some after doing the update I shut down and removed battery for a few minutes. Clears memory. That seemed to be the technique for many. No hard reset however.
  16. basshead73

basshead73 Member

Since I did the update my 4G antenna won't stay connected.. I tried removing the battery, PRL & profile updates, firmware updates and any subsequent software updates (there were none) So now I think I should take it in to the shop.. let them finger it out... unless anyone has another suggestion...
  17. jam-bro

jam-bro Member

I've never fingered my phone...
    johny5o likes this.
  18. basshead73

basshead73 Member

Oh, but you have! You do it all the time!
    johny5o likes this.
  19. digitalzombie

digitalzombie Well-Known Member

Thank goodness for Android Forums. I was about to accept the prompt on my phone to d/l the update, but thought I'd check here first. Don't need my phone to go into an endless reboot cycle right now.
  20. wolf_walker

wolf_walker Well-Known Member

all is well here still, v to txt, cam, etc.
  21. war0803

war0803 Member

Hows this, I didn't realize that the update would eliminate my root on my phone as I didn't search these forums, like an idiot, when the OTA came out. I looked for a way to revert but haven't found much. Is there anyway to re-root the phone with this update in-play. I know in BIG bold letters it says not to update but like I said I failed to do my homework...
  22. cguerrero523

cguerrero523 New Member

New here, but im guessing this is the update i did this afternoon. Now my phone phone just says loading, then says "The application HTC sence(processcom.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again later." Haven't been able to use my phone all day. Should i just take in into the sprint store?:mad:
  23. PROSALES

PROSALES Active Member

i wanna root my EVObut i updated today and idk if i can still root it????
    version 2.3.3
    baseband 2.15
    software # 4.54
    HELP PLEASE!!! :confused:
  24. RCope48

RCope48 Well-Known Member

Me too that was one of my favorites, have been trying to get it to work again...to no avail, and I'm even rooted:mad:, let me know if you ever run across a working version again
  25. RCope48

RCope48 Well-Known Member

I guess the real question here is what does this OTA break, while it is fixing things? so glad I rooted and went my own way..:p