HTC EVO 4G Storage

Last Updated:

1. CCNDR

CCNDR Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so here is what i am thinking. I am thinking that that evo needs to come with at least 4g or more of storage just because of the fact that prince of persia movie will be in 720p and a 720p 1.5hour movie is usually 4.2gs.
    So what do you guys think will it come with 8 gigs of storage or is it going to just be the simple answer? That they put extra storage in the unit just for that event.

Advertisement
  2. Tasmin

Tasmin Well-Known Member

Could have sworn the specs said this thing came with an 8G card ... but I'm too lazy to go look it up.

3. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

Movies can be stored on a SD card which go up to 32GB. But speculations seem to suggest similar or greater specs to the Incredible.

4. CCNDR

Ya that what i was thinking. Its more probable that they did that. Altough it would be easy for someone to come in and steal the sd card and now we will have a leaked version of prince of Persia so i do not know.

5. Pity410

Pity410 Active Member

There is no way the phone will be coming with Prince of Persia. The movie is not even in theaters yet. If it had been in theaters for a while and was about to come out on dvd then maybe it would be included with the phone on an sd card or internal memory. There is no way that the movie studio will allow this to be released with the phone, it would take away from ticket sales.

Maybe i misinterpreted your post. My guess is that the movie will be stored on the sd card for the event. In another thread someone mentioned that they should release the phone with Prince of Persia preloaded like tmo did with transformers on the hd2.

6. CCNDR

Ya you miss read my post.

7. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

Why would they have the whole movie on the phone at the event? I don't think they would run the movie off the EVO to show it to everyone, as you would want to show it in 1080p. Plus unless it is attached to a TV via HDMI 720p would just waste space on a device with only 480 lines of vertical resolution. A good 480p movie would take up about 1.4GB.

8. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

Hey, maybe they'll surprise us and tell us that the phone can actually output 1080p, even though it contradicts what we know about the processor :p.

9. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

No offense but I know alot of you guys are going off on the HD2 coming with Transformers but that could have been a T-Mobile gift for buying the phone. There's no reason why we should get a free movie with a phone purchase. You're buying a phone, the reason the HD2 could have came with a movice could have been a promo from either T-Mobile or Blockbuster which also came pre-installed, no reason to believe the Evo will come with a free movie just because the HD2 did. Also the device will have a free 8GB SD card, that's double of what you're asking.

10. CCNDR

i do not know if you read my post properly or what but i did not say anything about getting a free movie i was just speculating if they were going to give us a free SD card or not or if the phone has internal storage higher then one gig.

11. zaaye

zaaye Well-Known Member

The show case it about the movie and the phone. I don't know that the average person would perceive a diminished quality in the movie if they showed it at 720p vs 1080p for the sake of showcasing a function of the phone that no other phone can do right now.:D

12. MyHTCevo

MyHTCevo Well-Known Member

The WHOLE movie will be shown. It's a sneek peak of the movie, they won't just show a trailer they will show the entire meeting.

No matter if it's on the internal memory or an external micros sd card both will have plenty of room for a 2 hour movie.

I don't think anyone can tell the different between 720p and 1080p when it's hooked up through a projector. Just sayin, it's a phone with 720p hdmi out. I think you're expecting too much if you are complaining about it not being 1080p.

13. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

I don't even think we've heard if it will include 1gig of onboard memory or 8GB. I know what the official Sprint specs say, but also know they're planning on some surprises. Guess we should hear something soon enough.

14. skinnyguy

skinnyguy Well-Known Member

why do people keep thinking the evo will come with Prince of Persia on it? just because of the hdmi out and it's a sneak peek? i think there's a better chance of iron man 2 on it because of the leak on the internet i read about. how will the studios make money off of their new product being given away for free?

15. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

I honestly think it will come with a phone and a charger, maybe a rubber case. But technically that's all I care about. If they install some random movie I'll probably watch it once then delete it, what a waste.