• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Evo 4G to boost

Wasnt this supposed to come out today? Did any here get it? If so, post some results, like actual download speeds with 4g and some Antutu benchmark scores.

From Facebook page----
Shipments of HTC Evo have been temporarily delayed by U.S. Customs. It could wind up putting a slight delay on availability of the HTC EVO Design 4G

Reactions: VoltronMaximus
Upvote 0
Wasnt this supposed to come out today? Did any here get it? If so, post some results, like actual download speeds with 4g and some Antutu benchmark scores.

I was in the Boost store to pay my bill yesterday and the lady said they will have it in a few days.... Even online it still says "coming soon" and you cant buy it yet???? It says the "31st" IDK maybe there is a delay??

Upvote 0
I was in the Boost store to pay my bill yesterday and the lady said they will have it in a few days.... Even online it still says "coming soon" and you cant buy it yet???? It says the "31st" IDK maybe there is a delay??

The member I bought my Marquee from is waiting on the EVO she ordered. U.S. Customs put a hold on the shipment for some reason. :eek:

Upvote 0

The member I bought my Marquee from is waiting on the EVO 3D she ordered for Virgin. U.S. Customs put a hold on the shipment for some reason. :eek:

Upvote 0
ROFL Thats epicness :D

Edit: I bet when they "release" the shipment, half the phones will be missing :) LOL!!!

Oh my..... that would suck!
Here's the kicker! She mailed the phone (Marquee) to me Priority Mail on the 30th and it was supposed to be delivered today. I went to the post office and it wasn't there. I went to the USPS tracking page and put in the tracking # and it said that the package just left the sort facility in her state today. She's PISSED X2!!! A phone that she paid for to be delivered today won't be here until probably Monday. US Customs and the USPS SUCK!!

I hope that they give her a partial refund or something.
I'm cool. I just feel bad for her because she was nice enough to spend the extra money and send it priority mail. Now, not only is she waiting on her new phone, she spent the money for 3 day delivery and it's gonna take 5.

Upvote 0
so glad this has been delayed. I was going to impulse buy it. But after looking around I see better options for me. I would rather keep my prevail and upgrade to a significantly better hardware. Like the Galaxy Nexus is being sold on google play store for $399 and you can put it on tmobile and have 4g LTE. I saw where you can get $30/mo unlim text, 5GB data, 100minutes. or use Straight Talks' $45 unlimited bring your own sim.

Glad the prevail has such a good developer support so I have a great phone while i search for the next big deal.

Upvote 0
so glad this has been delayed. I was going to impulse buy it. But after looking around I see better options for me. I would rather keep my prevail and upgrade to a significantly better hardware. Like the Galaxy Nexus is being sold on google play store for $399 and you can put it on tmobile and have 4g LTE. I saw where you can get $30/mo unlim text, 5GB data, 100minutes. or use Straight Talks' $45 unlimited bring your own sim.

Glad the prevail has such a good developer support so I have a great phone while i search for the next big deal.

Ah come on man... We need people to impulse buy!! That way we can make a decision based on other peoples misfortune LOL!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
"Boost Mobile HTC Evo Design 4G Availability Update: You may be aware that some shipments of HTC devices had been temporarily delayed due to U.S. Customs which may briefly delay the initial availability of the HTC EVO Design 4G. The Customs issues have been resolved and we expect the device to be available for purchase next week. To access the latest news and device information, visit Prepaid Cell Phones | No Contract Cell Phones | Boost Mobile or Boost on Facebook where we'll be providing updates. Thank you for your interest and continued patience."

This is from my portal. It is a direct channel.
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobile/558135-update-htc-device.html

Upvote 0
Not without using a donor phone and some meid black magic.

Too much hassle if you ask me. Just buy yourself a 4g phone. The build quality on the one from Boost is quite a bit better than the original Evo from Sprint. Plus with the new phone from Boost you can get 4g (if you live in a 4g covered area) there's no way to get 4g from a jacked phone...

Upvote 0
Found a good deal on a HTC One S on the T mobile site. They had a web special to get it for free with a 2 year contract. (that web special is over, new special is $299 with 2yr contract)

I looked at the terms and I can cancel my contract for $200. Then I am buying a sim (99cents) activation kit from their website. This will allow me to use the $30/mo 100 minutes talk-unlimited text-2GB data.

so $200 for their new phone and $30/mo is pretty good. They are always having one day web specials you have to watch out for.

Upvote 0
Found a good deal on a HTC One S on the T mobile site. They had a web special to get it for free with a 2 year contract. (that web special is over, new special is $299 with 2yr contract)

I looked at the terms and I can cancel my contract for $200. Then I am buying a sim (99cents) activation kit from their website. This will allow me to use the $30/mo 100 minutes talk-unlimited text-2GB data.

so $200 for their new phone and $30/mo is pretty good. They are always having one day web specials you have to watch out for.

Yeah. That always sux when you go to cancel a plan. They rape ya 4 sure. :mad: I've done it twice.

Upvote 0
Yeah. That always sux when you go to cancel a plan. They rape ya 4 sure. :mad: I've done it twice.

Ha! yep but this time it works in my favor. I'm going to have to stay on the $60 plan at least one month waiting for a $100 rebate to come, maybe 2 months.

I only had like a few minutes left before the deal ended. Wouldn't you just know that Boost makes it hard to find your account #. And it was after hours to call them. Irritated me. So I'm going to be getting a new phone # unless you can port your old # after the fact. (I frickin doubt it):thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones