HTC EVO 4G voicemail update now availableSupport

Last Updated:

1. clamchowderz

clamchowderz Member This Topic's Starter

HTC EVO 4G voicemail update now available

"It's an incredibly minor bump in version number and there's no indication of what it actually does, but there's an update for the HTC EVO 4G's preloaded voicemail application available for "optional upgrade" if you want it.

The upgrade takes the app from version 5.1.0.32 to version 5.1.0.34, so it obviously doesn't contain anything significant, but if you like to keep your EVO as updated as possible, then you might want to get it by pressing Menu -> Settings -> Check for upgrade in the voicemail app."
    - Posted by Jenn K. Lee

Advertisement
    XOS THW, WaSTeLaNd, Buzzwyzr and 5 others like this.
  2. witchking39

witchking39 Member

Didn't see this posted but an upgrade for voicemail is out...from 5.1.0.32 to 5.1.0.34. Not sure what the changes are yet.

3. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I don't see that update...

Oh wait found it, but it didn't say which update it was, it just updated and that was it...

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Settings while in Voicemail.

daddyd302 and sagedil like this.
  5. TT_Vert

TT_Vert Well-Known Member

It allows me to listen tomy vms via my cars hands free. Finally!!!

EarlyMon likes this.
  6. RTan

RTan Well-Known Member

I was told this upgrade is to fix the Mono Bluetooth problem with Visual Voicemail.

rockinbboy likes this.
  7. AlChemist44

AlChemist44 Member

Hearing voicemail through wireless devices is sweet! This phone keeps getting better and better.

8. jdegraff57z

jdegraff57z Member

I got a notification push today that says "An optional upgrade is now available". After the whole 1.47.651...bricking fiasco I wanted to check up on this. Anyone else get this, and what were your results?

Thx,
    Jesse

9. mityman50

mityman50 Well-Known Member

I had it too. Thing is, both times I tried it, it said the installation failed. I haven't seen the notification since (this was two days ago). Sooo yeah.

10. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Are you mofos illiterate in this forum. People who phones bricked were those who were rooted or who tried to download the update twice. Damn, some people in the forum need to get a freaking clue. How can a voicemail app update brick your phone. Some people really need to get an iphone because you guys are Android illiterate.

11. jdegraff57z

jdegraff57z Member

Wow dude, maybe you need to switch to decaf, eh? D@mn...there were certain issues with the 1.47.651 update, and people updating early to 2.2....

12. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

Dude relax.
    Go read the forum rules and take it easy.. You didnt have to waste your time and write a reply if it makes you that upset.

13. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Just read what you wrote...updated early to 2.2. So they updated to an unofficial release of Froyo right? What else do you expect to happen when you get something that's not ready for public use. 97% of people did not go to the HTC website and download the unofficial update. 97% of people waited for the over the air update.

Did you ask how many people who phones are not rooted, who didn't download the update twice, or interfere with the rebooting process if their phone bricked during the first over the air update? No, then stop starting threads that confuse more newbies like yourselves. Your spreading lies and rumors. You joined this forum in June and don't have a clue of what you are talking about.

14. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

15. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

I checked for the update in the voicemail app and it downloaded and installed successfully on my end. Running 2.2 rooted...

16. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Mine updated fine (just like EVERY other update).

17. rockinbboy

rockinbboy Active Member

OMG...The voicemail upgrade totally bricked my phone!!! guys don't download!!!

edit: just kidding.

18. RyboCollier

RyboCollier Well-Known Member

Has there been a new update released? I updated to 5.1.0.34 via the fresh updater when this update first came out and yesterday I received another mandatory update message. Has anyone else got this?

19. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I don't want this latest voicemail update. It's the voicemail to text feature that costs money after a free trial. Should not be mandatory...

20. GhostFlame

GhostFlame Well-Known Member

the speech to text isn't mandatory

21. AmericanHero

AmericanHero Well-Known Member

It's not mandatory, but you will get a nagware button asking to subscribe whenever you listen to a message from now on. I went went by my local sprint store to have this removed and they were clueless. Spent over an hour on the phone with a sprint tech and he finally gave up and said "I am just going to have to live with it." This really sucks! You can go to manage Applications and uninstall it, but then when you go to listen to messages you get a pop up that say 'Manditory voicemail update" :mad:

22. GhostFlame

GhostFlame Well-Known Member

ohh, i am just getting to the end of my free trial and didn't know that