HTC Evo 4G Wifi Tethering Problem

Last Updated:

1. jborell3

jborell3 Member This Topic's Starter

I have an HTC EVO 4G which has froyo 2.2 and has been one click rooted using unrevoked 3.2.

I am new to rooting and to android phones. I rooted my phone for the sole purpose of using the free wireless hotspot.

I downloaded and installed wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre9.apk and it broadcast the wireless signal to my computer perfectly but when my computer connects to it I am only able to connect with "limited connectivity".

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be? i really want this to work and it is becoming rather frustrating. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement
  2. richmath

richmath Member

I had the same problem. I made a mistake and downloaded the wifi tether app before i rooted the phone. So i uninstalled it and restarted my phone then I open my web browser (not market) and did a search from google search "WIFI TETHER ANDROID" and I clicked on the first link and then clicked on the link for the sprint evo 2.1. even though I have sprint evo 2.2 froyo it will work for both. then it will install from there and then you should be able to click on connect wifi and it should work.

sorry after I clicked on the sprint evo 2.1 it opens another page and then i clicked on the top link there which is the latest version on wifi tether.

3. jpulley03

jpulley03 Member