HTC Evo 4g

Last Updated:

1. tigrr07

tigrr07 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Will an unlocked version of this phone work on the Rogers network?

Advertisement
  2. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure it would work, I am sure I read a post on Twitter that a few people are using them in Toronto, I cannot see why not, It would be the same as buying any unlocked phone here and using it with any network, I myself would like to pick up a Evo or Droid. I have the Sony X10 and it is a nice phone but it is taking way to long for updates to 2.1, If Sony put out 2.2 I would keep it but with all the new apps and the lack of features due to OS limitations I want to get a new phone. Hopefully someone with hands on will post to let us know.

3. tigrr07

tigrr07 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The only thing is with the Evo is that it doesn't have a sim card slot unless I'm mistaken.

4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I don't think the EVO will work as it is with Sprint, which uses a CDMA network and Rogers uses a GSM network. So yeah, incompatible network there. And most CDMA phones don't use sim cards unless they are one of those international phones (both GSM/CDMA) which I don't think the EVO is. The EVO MIGHT work on the Telus network as it uses CDMA...but it depends if Telus has the same radio frequency required by the EVO.

tigrr07 likes this.
  5. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

pir8 on these boards got an EVO 4G for free when he was recently at a Google conference. He is using here, but I'm not sure if he is using ot on Rogers. I will ask him, if he doesn't comment here first.

tigrr07 likes this.