• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Evo and Vegas Pro 8

Man I just don't get it. IK was hoping nobody had gotten the to work because I would of simply just converted the file. But now it seems I am the only one with this problem, I have got to get this to work.

I don't know what I am doing wrong. Is there any setting on the phone or quick I need to set. I just shot a 1 min. video in 720p using mpeg4 on the phone. After that I hooked up my phone and grabbed the file from my phone and dropped it in my video folder. The I opened VP 8 and took it straight to the timeline. And again blank screen but sound works just fine. ugh

Upvote 0
So where can I find out more about this. Is it the phone or my PC that is missinf the codecs

Android is locked for codec encoding at this time.

It's your PC - did you try the ones I'd suggested? Under System Requirements on that Microsoft page?

Vegas is using QuickTime (pretty good, ok?) as its video engine. QuickTime will accept add-on codecs. Anything QuickTime can process, Vegas can process.

Your 720p video is recorded in MPEG4 Part 2 (MPEG4 being the popular commercial abbreviation) and is stored in a 3gp container (file type).

Some add-on packages will tell you what they're giving you by codec name (MPEG4) and some will indicate it strictly by container (file) name (3gp).

If that codec package from Microsoft didn't work, please get back to me.

If you're just now loading those codecs here's a debugging step:

• Open your videoXXXX.3gp file using just QuickTime.
  • If it won't work from there, it won't work from Vegas
  • If it works there but not Vegas, sounds like you need a Vegas upgrade

Those are my best suggestions - marctronixx, would you concur?

Upvote 0
hey gopens, this is definitely a codec issue...

did U check to make sure ur Quicktime is updated to the latest version? if yes:

do u have the community codec pack installed?
if no, get it here: www.cccp-project.net

install that community codec pack (select all default options) and then restart ur computer. once it restarts, try loading the file 3gp file into vegas.

my computer is fairly new, i only use it to video edit...it installed vegas, then quicktime, then community codec pack and vegas opens pretty much all files (except mkv). so hopefully that will fix your issue.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones